Page 345 of 346 FirstFirst ... 245295335343344345346 LastLast
Results 3,441 to 3,450 of 3454

Thread: *THE* Gen 5 Glock thread: First Impressions, Reviews and Thoughts

So with 3400+ posts, this has probably been answered but I haven't hit the right combination of search terms.

Can I run a 19.4 slide on a Gen 5 frame if I drop in a Gen 5 back plate or Gen 5 SCD?
    Nothing so needs reforming as other people's habits - Mark Twain

Tact is the knack of making a point without making an enemy / Where is the wisdom we have lost in knowledge?

Quote Originally Posted by awp_101 View Post
    So with 3400+ posts, this has probably been answered but I haven't hit the right combination of search terms.

Can I run a 19.4 slide on a Gen 5 frame if I drop in a Gen 5 back plate or Gen 5 SCD?
    Yes. I've done it.

Also, the Gen 5 19 Marksman barrel will work in a Gen 4 19 slide.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Thanks @littlejerry and @GJM!
    Nothing so needs reforming as other people's habits - Mark Twain

Tact is the knack of making a point without making an enemy / Where is the wisdom we have lost in knowledge?

I’ve looked around a bit but can’t find a clear answer—does anyone run a g19 + radian ramjet in a g17 safariland als holster? I’m using a 6395RDS, and the gun locks in but gets caught on the draw in the holes of the comp.

Is this as simple as filing some of the ALS down?

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by thatguybryan View Post
    I’ve looked around a bit but can’t find a clear answer—does anyone run a g19 + radian ramjet in a g17 safariland als holster? I’m using a 6395RDS, and the gun locks in but gets caught on the draw in the holes of the comp.

Is this as simple as filing some of the ALS down?
    I wouldn't file the ALS down just yet. Once you start messing with that you may one day find your pistol missing from the holster.

I don't have the Ramjet, but I run the Mayhem Syndicate/Rogue Gunworks comp, and a buddy has a PMM comp. Both are carry comps of the same size as the Ramjet, and neither of us have issues with our 6390s. Are you wearing your holster at the default cant from Safariland? Maybe this combined with placement on your belt is causing you to drag the pistol in such a manner where the ports are catching. I know one of the complaints is that they're canted forward where it would make sense if it was concealed IWB at 4 o' clock, but most users would prefer a straight drop. I personally run mine slightly forward at 2:30 with a slight reverse cant courtesy of a True North Concepts MHA.

Quote Originally Posted by paherne View Post
    DeBecker's best security is the NDAs he ruthlessly uses to prevent the miserable work conditions and extremely stupid policies of his firm being revealed to the world.
    100% … I’ve heard the insane rumors…

Quote Originally Posted by crosseyedshooter View Post
    If anyone wants the LEO Glock 45 Gen 5 with factory RMR cut, AIM Surplus has unissued LEO trade-ins for sale at $600. Go get 'em.

https://aimsurplus.com/products/unis...eid=61115f1150

Did Glock really cut the "RMR" cut with that much air in front of and behind the optic? Looks sketchy to me, and I wonder at what rate mounting screws are going to fail...

Quote Originally Posted by 757_Magnum View Post
    I wouldn't file the ALS down just yet. Once you start messing with that you may one day find your pistol missing from the holster.

I don't have the Ramjet, but I run the Mayhem Syndicate/Rogue Gunworks comp, and a buddy has a PMM comp. Both are carry comps of the same size as the Ramjet, and neither of us have issues with our 6390s. Are you wearing your holster at the default cant from Safariland? Maybe this combined with placement on your belt is causing you to drag the pistol in such a manner where the ports are catching. I know one of the complaints is that they're canted forward where it would make sense if it was concealed IWB at 4 o' clock, but most users would prefer a straight drop. I personally run mine slightly forward at 2:30 with a slight reverse cant courtesy of a True North Concepts MHA.
    I’m going to try it again, but I have no idea what is going on. The ALS release itself is very hard to press and have it release the gun off the draw which is unlike any other Safariland ALS I’ve used in the past. I think it may be a manufacturing issue but not sure just yet. I did email safariland about it but haven’t heard back.

I recently purchased my first gen 5, and the first Glock I’ve had in a LONG time. Was back at the range today checking zero for a class tomorrow and found that one gen4 mag would not drop free from the gun when empty. All other mags (5 gen5, 1 other gen4 and 6 pmags) were all good to go. Is there a common place for these to hang up or is it just a random occurrence? If it’s common, is it worth sanding it down or anything or should I just sideline the one mag?

User Tag List