Page 92 of 346 FirstFirst ... 42829091929394102142192 ... LastLast

Thread: *THE* Gen 5 Glock thread: First Impressions, Reviews and Thoughts

Hi Risk Customer Services
    Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    Is that rear sight as sharp as it looks?
    I have the 3-Dot versions on my current carry 17, yes they are. My stomach can attest to this.

Quote Originally Posted by willie View Post
    Great installation job. Now we all know who can handle our sight work.
    Just make sure my agency doesn't find out.........

After 18 years of gunsmithing, assembling ARs for guys, and shooting a whole lot (including helping coworkers with the fundamentals when quals come up), winning the shooting award, "Distinguished Expert" insignia...........

They might actually make me a firearms instructor or armorer.

It does make inservice training fun when I have to constantly correct folks teaching stupidity. Or when folks that are supposed to be "experts" at teaching others to shoot can't shoot a decent group themselves, have no teaching skills anyway, and are hostile when asked for help.

But I digress......

A little (I have a few of these). But they ain't got nothing on Trijicon HDs in that regard!

They're pokey. The corners of the notch will stab the hell out of you.

Quote Originally Posted by Trukinjp13 View Post

I have realized that the one or my unicorn of pistols probably does not exist. And if that is the case I would rather find the renaissance man of pistols. The Glock is it as far as I am concerned.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I agree with this. Initial shooting impressions on mine are extremely positive. Definitely appears more accurate than previous Gens, ejected perfectly (no more BTF is great), and the G17 "fits" my hands better (I'm assuming the lack of finger grooves). I think the G17.5 is the ultimate "one gun." You can carry it with a proper holster, shoot it in bullseye, then shoot it in production division and be very competitive in both. Parts are available everywhere, etc too.

I'd like to thank voo do man for his article on the FBI Contract sights.

It got me ciphering (which is a potentially dangerous thing).

I began removing sights and taking measurements with my dial caliper.

Between that, the AmeriGlo Website and speaking with KEITH TAYLOR of AmeriGlo I "discovered" that for the 9mm/.40 S&W/.357 SIG Models the rear sight (total height which includes the male dovetail) is 0.256".

For the .45 ACP/.45 GAP and 10mm the rear sight total height is 0.271"

The STANDARD front sight height for Glock is 0.165"

The combos will be point of aim-point of impact at 25 yards (depending on ammo, obviously).

As stated before, AmeriGlo has an eBay store (AmeriGlo Factory Direct) and a lot of other sights that are not advertised.

So if you have a question like I did, "Hey, Keith, I have a TRIJICON HD front sight for my Glock 19. What sized rear would be required for that to work (zero between 20 and 25 yds). He calculated 0.391" IIRC and could not help me. And he knew the dimensions of the HD sight.

He also assisted me with my Glock 20. I had to have the thin Lumi-Green front sight (0.125" wide versus 0.140" wide). I also thought 0.180" was way too wide so he found me a 0.150 width notch sight with tritium.

His message to you (I told him I'd relay my experience) is to just call him and he'll guide you as close as possible to the solution you seek.

Quote Originally Posted by Kirk View Post
    I agree with this. Initial shooting impressions on mine are extremely positive. Definitely appears more accurate than previous Gens, ejected perfectly (no more BTF is great), and the G17 "fits" my hands better (I'm assuming the lack of finger grooves). I think the G17.5 is the ultimate "one gun." You can carry it with a proper holster, shoot it in bullseye, then shoot it in production division and be very competitive in both. Parts are available everywhere, etc too.
    I am leaning towards picking up a g17.5 next. I have basically sold out my stuff to move to Glock. Hopefully getting a g43 again also. I have been very happy with my g19 so having a full sized pistol for owb and hd sounds like a good plan.

Also these came in yesterday. Also have a nifty sight tool that came with. I wish I would have ordered these from the start.

478 rounds through my 19.5 with no issues to report. I'm very pleased with the GEN5 pistols so far. I think the 19.5 will be a great pistol for IDPA's CCP Division.

I know JM Custom Kydex's IWB and AIWB holsters get the most attention around here (and I have a great IWB3 for my 17.5), but after trying @Gio 's JMCK OWB2 I went right out and ordered one. I'm on the skinny side and sometimes the front wing of a pancake holster will stick out from my waistline; the front loop on the OWB2 hugs the contour of my belt line. Great holster - a comfortable and very concealable OWB solution.

"When the phone rang, Parker was in the garage, killing a man."

Quote Originally Posted by JSGlock34 View Post

...but after trying @Gio 's JMCK OWB2 I went right out and ordered one. I'm on the skinny side and sometimes the front wing of a pancake holster will stick out from my waistline; the front loop on the OWB2 hugs the contour of my belt line. Great holster - a comfortable and very concealable OWB solution.

Very interested in this OWB solution.

So, this is a JM CK holster? For avoidance of doubt, as they say, is it this one:

http://www.jmcustomkydex.com/p/OWB-V2.html

Also, is this the ‘high riding’ option?

In terms of holster below the belt, approximately how far does the holster go below the bottom belt edge (I’m trying to work out how much cover garment would be needed.

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Rich_Jenkins View Post
    Very interested in this OWB solution.

So, this is a JM CK holster? For avoidance of doubt, as they say, is it this one:

http://www.jmcustomkydex.com/p/OWB-V2.html

Also, is this the ‘high riding’ option?

In terms of holster below the belt, approximately how far does the holster go below the bottom belt edge (I’m trying to work out how much cover garment would be needed.

Thanks!
    Yes, that's the one. I got one of these a few weeks ago, and have been wearing it daily. Been carrying a G22/17 frequently off-duty for more than 20 years, and this is the best balance of comfort and concealment I've ever used. (I'm a strict OWB guy; I can't stand IWB in any position, due to my big powerlifter's ass and thick torso.. ).

Mine is the standard ride, drops about 2.5" below the belt at it's lowest, and I wouldn't want it any higher – it tucks in tight to the body while still being comfortable enough to wear all day. Disappears under a hoodie or anything else reasonably baggy. Highly recommended!

User Tag List