Page 299 of 346 FirstFirst ... 199249289297298299300301309 ... LastLast
Results 2,981 to 2,990 of 3454

Thread: *THE* Gen 5 Glock thread: First Impressions, Reviews and Thoughts

Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    I’ve seen a similar issues caused after a user removed a backstrap and never replaced the pin that also holds the trigger mechanism housing in place.
    My training partner actually left his trigger housing pin at his house accidentally today. Not the case with me though.

Has anyone who had issues (trigger bar flaking, failure to extract, etc.) been able to fix the problems?

Has Glock worked out all the bugs with the Gen 5's?

Carry a Gen 3 19 bought in April 2015 and looking to either purchase a back up or "upgrade" to the Gen 5, if it's worth it.

Haven't heard of any trigger bars flacking on recent production guns. Pick up an extra trigger bar, just in case. In the event it happens, it doesn't stop the pistol from functioning, only makes the trigger heavy and gritty. Swap out the bar and your GTG again.

The Gen5 Guns are GTG. I have rotated all my earlier Gen guns to Gen 5's

TXPO
    ColdBoreCustom.com
    Certified Glock Armorer
    Certified P320 Armorer
    Certified M&P LE Armorer

I wish I had a cheap way to move my gen 3s to gen 5 without losing a ton of money invested in the process…

Quote Originally Posted by Texaspoff View Post
    Haven't heard of any trigger bars flacking on recent production guns. Pick up an extra trigger bar, just in case. In the event it happens, it doesn't stop the pistol from functioning, only makes the trigger heavy and gritty. Swap out the bar and your GTG again.

The Gen5 Guns are GTG. I have rotated all my earlier Gen guns to Gen 5's

TXPO

Quote Originally Posted by CLaw View Post
    I wish I had a cheap way to move my gen 3s to gen 5 without losing a ton of money invested in the process…
    Cheap way? All of your Gen3 peripheral items (mags, holsters, etc) will fit the Gen5 perfectly. There's no cost at all.

If you want to avoid taking a bath on selling your old Gen3 guns in a tight market, I can't help you.

But now's probably the time to sell them, since demand is higher with the current panic, than before.

Quote Originally Posted by john c View Post
    Cheap way? All of your Gen3 peripheral items (mags, holsters, etc) will fit the Gen5 perfectly. There's no cost at all.

If you want to avoid taking a bath on selling your old Gen3 guns in a tight market, I can't help you.

But now's probably the time to sell them, since demand is higher with the current panic, than before.
    Wait I thought Previous Gen mags would NOT work in a Gen 5. Or is it vice versa?

Quote Originally Posted by C.W. Clark View Post
    Wait I thought Previous Gen mags would NOT work in a Gen 5. Or is it vice versa?
    They work both ways.

Not all older Gen holsters will work with Gen 5 guns though. Some have issues with the ambi slide stop lever.

I was talking about trying to off load my gen 3 guns for gen 5. I have a few with weak ejection that I with I could let go and get back more than $200 a piece. Heck, they might not fetch that at this point... I’ll just mill them chea- for a dot and make them dry fire guns and try to bust the breech face out of them. lol

Quote Originally Posted by CLaw View Post
    I was talking about trying to off load my gen 3 guns for gen 5. I have a few with weak ejection that I with I could let go and get back more than $200 a piece. Heck, they might not fetch that at this point... I’ll just mill them chea- for a dot and make them dry fire guns and try to bust the breech face out of them. lol
    Have you tried the Apex Gen 3 extractor? I had weak extraction on my Gen 3 G19 until I put in the Apex FRE, and it has since ejected like a champ.

User Tag List