Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: SVI Infinity “cowitness” 2011

SVI Infinity “cowitness” 2011

The slide the is wider to accomplish a direct mill for the RMR with a small sight built in

It’s about $6k the way think I’ll spec it out. So yummy

I’ll have it......

Name:  BC6FB0F2-7738-4C5A-83A5-3C40F7A5B8F2.jpeg
Views: 661
Size:  60.5 KB
    Last edited by Duke; 10-12-2019 at 11:15 AM.

Why have front slide serrations on the frame? Isn't that counterproductive?

Slammin' with Abandon
    #SAPOSSE now?
    "If failure is not an option, then, most of the time, neither is success." - Seth Godin

Got money, cigarettes, the time?

Quote Originally Posted by backtrail540 View Post
    #SAPOSSE now?
    Im looking for an advantage. Think I found it

You'll Shoot Your Wad Out RevolverRob's Avatar
    Looks sweet. What's it going to do that an STI DVC P doesn't? Besides cost 2-3k more?

I love me some SVIs and I'm looking hard at having one built for my birthday next year. Just not sure burying the optic is gaining much. Not when the DVC P has the new Dawson designed mount and is SRO compatible.

Have you looked at Atlas Gunworks yet?

You're walking a dangerous path, my friend...once you realize how much better the new STIs are and as a result, with SVI and Atlas using the new Gen 2 mags, how much better those guns are...it's tough. Hilton Yam is discovering that and drinking the Kool-Aid now, he just spent a few days in Texas at the STI factory after picking up a Staccato P...If you can turn a hard-core 1911 user, who ultimately moved to Glocks, like Yam into a believer, you're doing shit right.
    "P-f: I lurked for wonderful combat pistolcraft advice, but I ponied up cash for my daily dose of Dada." - Baldanders

Do not be a fool; the Oxford comma is always necessary.

Quote Originally Posted by RevolverRob View Post
    Looks sweet. What's it going to do that an STI DVC P doesn't? Besides cost 2-3k more?

I love me some SVIs and I'm looking hard at having one built for my birthday next year. Just not sure burying the optic is gaining much. Not when the DVC P has the new Dawson designed mount and is SRO compatible.

Have you looked at Atlas Gunworks yet?

You're walking a dangerous path, my friend...once you realize how much better the new STIs are and as a result, with SVI and Atlas using the new Gen 2 mags, how much better those guns are...it's tough. Hilton Yam is discovering that and drinking the Kool-Aid now, he just spent a few days in Texas at the STI factory after picking up a Staccato P...If you can turn a hard-core 1911 user, who ultimately moved to Glocks, like Yam into a believer, you're doing shit right.
    The Problem is - I only like things the way that I like them....Even If they are very good to begin with.

Atlas supplied some of the parts that are going into my DVC-P (their new high ride safety and short curved trigger) along with all of Wilson’s bullet proof parts.

Sti factory trigger was good at 2lbs 7oz. But I wants me some more pretravel, a different grip safety and a short trigger so I just got everything at once to have it matched.

Infinity seems like they’ll do whatever I can pay for - which is right up my alley.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Quote Originally Posted by Duke View Post
    The Problem is - I only like things the way that I like them....Even If they are very good to begin with.

Atlas supplied some of the parts that are going into my DVC-P (their new high ride safety and short curved trigger) along with all of Wilson’s bullet proof parts.

Sti factory trigger was good at 2lbs 7oz. But I wants me some more pretravel, a different grip safety and a short trigger so I just got everything at once to have it matched.

Infinity seems like they’ll do whatever I can pay for - which is right up my alley.
    I gotcha.

Infinity will build anything you want. Atlas is also pretty close too.

When the wife and I go down to Tejas for the holidays, I'm going to try to drop in to Infinity's shop, they are about an hour from my wife's hometown.
    "P-f: I lurked for wonderful combat pistolcraft advice, but I ponied up cash for my daily dose of Dada." - Baldanders

It won’t break.
    Michael@massmeans.com | Zeleny@post.harvard.edu | 7576 Willow Glen Road, Los Angeles, CA 90046 | voice:323.363.1860 | fax:323.410.2373
    http://larvatus.livejournal.com | "All of old. Nothing else ever. Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try again. Fail again. Fail better." -- Samuel Beckett

Quote Originally Posted by zeleny View Post
    It won’t break.
    So far, I haven't seen much indication that the current guns are breaking regularly? Are you seeing something to the contrary?

And besides...you can buy 3 Staccato Ps or 1 and 2/3rds DVC Ps for the price of one Infinity 'Cowitness' and thus if you break one, - eh -.

Don't get me wrong, I love me some Infinity - but I doubt most folks can push a DVC P to the max, let alone an Infinity "cowitness". Some exceptions exist...e.g., Duke, GJM, Gabe White.

I can't even shoot my gun to the max of its ability (my ability yes, but its? Nope).
    Last edited by RevolverRob; 10-14-2019 at 09:23 AM.

So far, I haven't seen much indication that the current guns are breaking regularly? Are you seeing something to the contrary?
    I am drawing conclusions from no end of claims that STI has improved its quality control.
    Michael@massmeans.com | Zeleny@post.harvard.edu | 7576 Willow Glen Road, Los Angeles, CA 90046 | voice:323.363.1860 | fax:323.410.2373
    http://larvatus.livejournal.com | "All of old. Nothing else ever. Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try again. Fail again. Fail better." -- Samuel Beckett

User Tag List