Page 335 of 346 FirstFirst ... 235285325333334335336337345 ... LastLast
Results 3,341 to 3,350 of 3454

Thread: *THE* Gen 5 Glock thread: First Impressions, Reviews and Thoughts

Anyone have recommendations for improving a stock g17 g5 trigger? This is my carry gun, but I would like to lessen the trigger pull just a bit without sacrificing reliability. Would the factory - connector be worthwhile?

Quote Originally Posted by thatguybryan View Post
    Anyone have recommendations for improving a stock g17 g5 trigger? This is my carry gun, but I would like to lessen the trigger pull just a bit without sacrificing reliability. Would the factory - connector be worthwhile?
    Overwatch precision minus connector is really nice (minus pull weight but dot connector break) Oem minus is good too, but a bit mushy

Quote Originally Posted by G19Fan View Post
    Overwatch precision minus connector is really nice (minus pull weight but dot connector break) Oem minus is good too, but a bit mushy
    Is this a new product? My recollection is they previously sold OEM minus connectors coated with NP3?
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    Is this a new product? My recollection is they previously sold OEM minus connectors coated with NP3?
    I think last few years. So far it is a tossup for which one I liek more between all of them. My random musings

Oem stock: nice connector, love break and reset. Actually makes my splits a tad faster 0.01 or 0.02 vs oem minus. If I do my part if is fine at 25 yards

Oem dot: May eventually decide on this for carry. Best Jack of all trades imo in a gen 3 or Gen 4

Oem minus: my carry guns currently wear this. Luckily for me they aren't too mushy. One of them with the oem minus actually has a super crisp break. Love the trigger. It allows me to get away with a little more slop at 25 but it is opposite for me buddy who prefers oem stock. He hates the minus rolling mushy break.

Overwatch minus: to me feels like minusconnector pull with a dot connector break. Strong reset. Vetting a few of these to see how they hold up. So far I really like my sample of 3

Ironically, my Gen5 34 has the worst pull of all my Gen 5 Glocks, despite the minus connector. It has an odd hitch in the pull about 75% of the way through. I have not figured out for sure where it is coming from. I swapped some parts around from other guns, but the hitch seemed to stay, so I suspect its the connector, or something in the firing pin channel. It has smoothed out a bit with use.

I find the standard Gen 5 trigger pretty shootable. I used to use OEM minus in my Gen 3/4 guns.

Quote Originally Posted by WDR View Post
    Ironically, my Gen5 34 has the worst pull of all my Gen 5 Glocks, despite the minus connector. It has an odd hitch in the pull about 75% of the way through. I have not figured out for sure where it is coming from. I swapped some parts around from other guns, but the hitch seemed to stay, so I suspect its the connector, or something in the firing pin channel. It has smoothed out a bit with use.

I find the standard Gen 5 trigger pretty shootable. I used to use OEM minus in my Gen 3/4 guns.
    How is the interface between the trigger bar and slide stop? I’ve had rubbing there dirty up a Gen5 trigger.
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

Quote Originally Posted by HeavyDuty View Post
    How is the interface between the trigger bar and slide stop? I’ve had rubbing there dirty up a Gen5 trigger.
    I have not disassembled the frame to get a close look at that, but it crossed my mind. I started adding a drop of oil there on all my Gen5 guns during routine cleaning, and it may have helped. I really suspect its a small burr somewhere on the trigger bar itself, or the connector. I should probably take the gun apart and get a closer look at it.

I used to detail strip my glocks a lot more often, and poke around the guts. "25 cent trigger job" etc... These days, I just try to shoot them smooth. Maybe shooting double action J-frames has had some weird effect in my brain.

Thanks folks. At the price of the OP connector, I’ll probably give it a try.

Does anyone make an aftermarket G17L-length slide and barrel for Gen 5 frames? I want one for reasons.

I’m looking for a blue label 19.5 MOS and am getting desperate. I have a BL coupon that is expiring in a few weeks, and I’m having no luck finding one around here. Does anyone know of dealers that will sell blue label and ship to a local FFL? I’ve always used local dealers.
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

User Tag List