Page 230 of 346 FirstFirst ... 130180220228229230231232240280330 ... LastLast
Results 2,291 to 2,300 of 3454

Thread: *THE* Gen 5 Glock thread: First Impressions, Reviews and Thoughts

I was waiting for black 19x. But the g19.5/mos is going to get purchased asap! I happen to have a new coupon coming next month as well.

Gen 5: What two-dot sights to get?

I'm having a really hard time making up my mind on this:

I've previously had stellar results with Ameriglo I-Dots with the yellow front with a Gen 4 17.

With the increasing proliferation of U-notch rears, is it worth trying a U-notch serrated rear, and giving up the rear tritium dot? (as the I-Dots for Glock come only in the square notch.

I suffer from astigmatism, and the three dot systems just blur. In the two dot systems, it's a lot simpler to get a rough sight picture.
    Last edited by gruntjim; 09-19-2018 at 04:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by einherjarvalk View Post
    Gen 5 MOS with forward cocking serrations have popped up at Academy. So far the G17 and G34 are listed.

https://www.academy.com/shop/pdp/glo...dCatid=5454666

https://www.academy.com/shop/pdp/glo...dCatid=5454663
    The G17 Gen 5 MOS link isn’t working for me anymore. I wonder if this was a mix up on their part, we saw something behind the curtain a little bit before we were supposed to.

Quote Originally Posted by gruntjim View Post
    I'm having a really hard time making up my mind on this:

I've previously had stellar results with Ameriglo I-Dots with the yellow front with a Gen 4 17.

With the increasing proliferation of U-notch rears, is it worth trying a U-notch serrated rear, and giving up the rear tritium dot? (as the I-Dots for Glock come only in the square notch.

I suffer from astigmatism, and the three dot systems just blur. In the two dot systems, it's a lot simpler to get a rough sight picture.
    I prefer a U notch but you don’t have to give up your rear tritium. Ameriglo and others offer that option.

Name:  fanj1y2b2nm11.jpg
Views: 809
Size:  24.0 KB

Here's the pic that was on the Academy site before it was taken down. I hadn't noticed the lack of the half-moon cut out on the front strap - good catch.
    "When the phone rang, Parker was in the garage, killing a man."

Quote Originally Posted by JSGlock34 View Post
    Name:  fanj1y2b2nm11.jpg
Views: 809
Size:  24.0 KB

Here's the pic that was on the Academy site before it was taken down. I hadn't noticed the lack of the half-moon cut out on the front strap - good catch.
    The half moon cutout is for stripping a mag one handed. I’m guessing they don’t see that as a necessary feature on gamer guns? Some agencies do carry 34/35’s but who knows.

Hi Risk Customer Services
    I really hope that 17 MOS that academy had listed before becomes a regular offering soon. That gun is exactly what I want in a factory Glock.

Site Supporter
    I want a factory G17 gen 5 without the half moon cutout and with front serrations.... so it probably won't happen.

Picture of G5 17 MOS with forward serrations is on Glock’s European website:

https://eu.glock.com/en
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    Picture of G5 17 MOS with forward serrations is on Glock’s European website:

https://eu.glock.com/en
    I could be deceived by the angle, but in that pic it appears to lack the front magwell cutout.
    --Josh
    “Formerly we suffered from crimes; now we suffer from laws.” - Tacitus.

User Tag List