Page 346 of 346 FirstFirst ... 246296336344345346
Results 3,451 to 3,454 of 3454

Thread: *THE* Gen 5 Glock thread: First Impressions, Reviews and Thoughts

Quote Originally Posted by Chefdog View Post
    I recently purchased my first gen 5, and the first Glock I’ve had in a LONG time. Was back at the range today checking zero for a class tomorrow and found that one gen4 mag would not drop free from the gun when empty. All other mags (5 gen5, 1 other gen4 and 6 pmags) were all good to go. Is there a common place for these to hang up or is it just a random occurrence? If it’s common, is it worth sanding it down or anything or should I just sideline the one mag?
    I train with gen 4 mags in my gen 5 19 and have not had any issues over the last 3 years doing so

Site Supporter
    I recently purchased my first gen 5, and the first Glock I’ve had in a LONG time. Was back at the range today checking zero for a class tomorrow and found that one gen4 mag would not drop free from the gun when empty. All other mags (5 gen5, 1 other gen4 and 6 pmags) were all good to go. Is there a common place for these to hang up or is it just a random occurrence? If it’s common, is it worth sanding it down or anything or should I just sideline the one mag?
    I had this experience with an old Austrian Gen 3 mag in 2 different Gen 5s. I just chucked it. All my Gen 5 and Gen 4 mags drop free.

Make sure it’s the mag body before you go sanding. Does it only happen at slide lock? Check to make sure the follower isn’t jumping the slide stop. I have a Gen 3 35 that does this and only works with certain mags.

I have a few gen 5 Glock 19's. I have a variety of OEM magazines ranging from LE/Mil restricted marked gen3 mags to gen5 mags. All of my gen 5 19's will drop them free, no matter the generation of the magazine, so long as it's a gen3 metal lined magazine or newer. I own one Glock model 45 and it could care less between the gen 4 and 5 magazines as well.

I would take the one magazine you have that doesn't drop free and either pitch it or mark with a paint marker, for range use only. Right now OEM Glock magazines are cheap. I'd buy a new magazine (or 10) and drive on.

User Tag List