Page 46 of 346 FirstFirst ... 3644454647485696146 ... LastLast

Thread: *THE* Gen 5 Glock thread: First Impressions, Reviews and Thoughts

Picked these up this weekend. Haven't shot them yet.

JR1572

Quote Originally Posted by VolGrad View Post
    Picked up my Gen5 G19 today. LGS had exactly one with Night Sights. I asked before I drove over which NS it had and was told BOLD. When I got there today I noticed they were not the orange front BOLD but are what I guess is the FBI contract sights. They are steel housing with white outline 3-dot tritium with the only marking at all being a GLOCK logo on the front post. I am a little disappointed they aren' the BOLD but I'll get over it. Sights can be changed if I have issues..
    These sound like the standard Glock night sights. The Ameriglo FBI sights have a high visibility front paired with a U notch rear.
    "When the phone rang, Parker was in the garage, killing a man."

*THE* Gen 5 Glock thread: First Impressions, Reviews and Thoughts

I shot about 250 rounds through Gen5 17 today. I found the extraction a little weird, every so many rounds it would toss brass over my head other than that pretty strong to 4 o'clock. I was able to shoot it as well as my VP with zero effort, I ran in out of a GLS I had in my range bag with a timer. The trigger was excellent on the sample I shot and the accuracy at 25 was dare I say awesome. The Gen 5 is going to be a real winner if they aren't plagued by extraction issues like the Gen 4 pistols.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Mike C; 09-05-2017 at 10:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by JBP55 View Post
    Correct, but my friend using his GSSF certificate paid $398.
    Cool beans. Was your friend LE? Either way, $398, or $425, sounds like a good price.

Much to the dismay of the Beretta, Sig and HK TDA's in my safe...I started carrying my G17 today. I've got enough confidence in both it and my comfort with it is high enough, even sans a SCD, to assume the role of primary carry (though I will add a SCD as soon as they are available). My shooting partner, who is also a Beretta whore, had high things to say about the G5 and how it shot today. Really hope to be 1,000 rounds in by the weekend.
    Shoot more, post less...

Quote Originally Posted by MSparks909 View Post
    Much to the dismay of the Beretta, Sig and HK TDA's in my safe...I started carrying my G17 today. I've got enough confidence in both it and my comfort with it is high enough, even sans a SCD, to assume the role of primary carry (though I will add a SCD as soon as they are available). My shooting partner, who is also a Beretta whore, had high things to say about the G5 and how it shot today. Really hope to be 1,000 rounds in by the weekend.
    Has it supplanted your PX4 compact?

Quote Originally Posted by Willard View Post
    Has it supplanted your PX4 compact?
    For now yes. My PX4s aren't going anywhere, but I'm gonna stick with this 17 for the next few thousand rounds to see how it shakes out.
    Shoot more, post less...

Quote Originally Posted by JSGlock34 View Post
    These sound like the standard Glock night sights. The Ameriglo FBI sights have a high visibility front paired with a U notch rear.
    You re correct.

Quote Originally Posted by MSparks909 View Post
    For now yes. My PX4s aren't going anywhere, but I'm gonna stick with this 17 for the next few thousand rounds to see how it shakes out.
    Interested in your findings! Seems like the percentage of proper brass chucking is pretty high. But I have seen a few who said it can be erratic. If it shoots what I carry and usually practice with I do not know how much it would bother me though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I had an interesting observation last week when I had to do a demo shoot for about 35 people who had never shot before or were very inexperienced shooters. We used a couple brand new/never been fired 19M's for the demo, and let them put about 10 rounds through each, one on one with an instructor. I saw several instances of bad ejection where the casings dribbled out or went back over the shooters shoulder. One casing hit a female shooter in the shoulder and she asked if it was supposed to do that. After the demo, I put a few hundred rounds through both guns and all of the ejection was perfectly consistent to my right. I tried SHO and WHO shooting as well and still had perfect ejection. I wonder how much recoil control/technique plays in erratic ejection?

User Tag List