Page 44 of 346 FirstFirst ... 3442434445465494144 ... LastLast

Thread: *THE* Gen 5 Glock thread: First Impressions, Reviews and Thoughts

Quote Originally Posted by Evan_O View Post
    I'm sure my calipers are slightly off. So my G17 front sight is a .200"/ .140"
    In my experience there is always some variation by a few hundredths or thousandths in sight dimensions. My two sets actually measure .139" and .122" on the front sights widths and .159" and .161" on the rear width.
    Last edited by Gio; 09-05-2017 at 04:12 PM.

Copy. Quick question Gio, do you know if there will be a rear sight with a narrower rear notch width to mate with the .125 front or will they keep the notch just as wide? Thanks for your time.

Picked up my Gen5 G19 today. LGS had exactly one with Night Sights. I asked before I drove over which NS it had and was told BOLD. When I got there today I noticed they were not the orange front BOLD but are what I guess is the FBI contract sights. They are steel housing with white outline 3-dot tritium with the only marking at all being a GLOCK logo on the front post. I am a little disappointed they aren' the BOLD but I'll get over it. Sights can be changed if I have issues.

Impressions - I love how it feels in the hand. Personally it's the most comfortable generation yet and I've owned Gen2/3/4 G19s. I love the blacker finish on the slide as well. I can't wait to shoot it.

I did notice it won't fit in my brand new, unused JMCK IWB V3 I bought a while back for a G17. Too bad too since that was the holster I planned to use for it. I just ordered a new one from JMCK and will have to list this one for sale. I don't have a gun that needs this holster.

I am intrigued by the Gen 5's! However, I'll make do with my Gen 3's and Gen 4's. I'll check back in a year or so. By then any potential problems should have been resolved I guess I'm just not an early adopter. I'm glad many of you are though!

Quote Originally Posted by VolGrad View Post
    I did notice it won't fit in my brand new, unused JMCK IWB V3 I bought a while back for a G17. Too bad too since that was the holster I planned to use for it. I just ordered a new one from JMCK and will have to list this one for sale. I don't have a gun that needs this holster.
    JM posted here that they can easily rework existing Glock holsters to fit Gen5s.

Quote Originally Posted by peterb View Post
    JM posted here that they can easily rework existing Glock holsters to fit Gen5s.
    Awesome. Thanks. That will save me some money. I'll email him and cancel my order.

Found it -- post #109

...If for some reason you received a holster in the last month and half that doesn't have the channel for ambi slide release, let me know and I will send you a return label to get that fixed. If you want to send in your holster that is older than that, send it with $15.00 in the box for me to cover return shipping and the quick mod, and we can modify it to accept the Gen 5. Of course this only applies to the 17 or 19.

Found it -- post #109

...If for some reason you received a holster in the last month and half that doesn't have the channel for ambi slide release, let me know and I will send you a return label to get that fixed. If you want to send in your holster that is older than that, send it with $15.00 in the box for me to cover return shipping and the quick mod, and we can modify it to accept the Gen 5. Of course this only applies to the 17 or 19.
    I was just coming back to post this same thing. Found it a little while ago and send Tony a email. Trying to decide though if I want to leave my order standing though to get the G19 length. I really don't ned the G17 length so might as well just get another holster, right? I can always more this G17 holster.

Out of interest for anyone who might be new to a Gen 5 purchase, and contemplating using a GSSF coupon, I emailed the GSSF to find out if the Gen 5 was available.

The response I got was:

"Good afternoon

The Gen 5 will be available under the GSSF Pistol Purchase coupon but we do not have a price yet. Please check back with us in the next two weeks"

Hope this helps.

Grab a $2.95 box cutter from Walmart, light your favorite smelling candle, and heat the blade and use the hot blade to trim your existing holster to fit. Takes ~5 minutes and isn't hard at all. Might have to re-heat the blade for 20-30 seconds a couple of times. Let the hot blade do the trim work, then touch up the sharp edges and you're done.
    Shoot more, post less...

User Tag List