Page 277 of 346 FirstFirst ... 177227267275276277278279287327 ... LastLast
Results 2,761 to 2,770 of 3454

Thread: *THE* Gen 5 Glock thread: First Impressions, Reviews and Thoughts

Quote Originally Posted by blues View Post
    I know someone who went a few decades with 'em...
    Blues ran with the factory sights
    That choice being well within his rights
    He'd shoot for his qual
    Seeing only half the front ball
    Yet he managed to shoot out the lights

Quote Originally Posted by Sero Sed Serio View Post
    Blues ran with the factory sights
    That choice being well within his rights
    He'd shoot for his qual
    Seeing only half the front ball
    Yet he managed to shoot out the lights
    And wasn't thrown off SRT despite being a danger to all...

There's nothing civil about this war.

And wasn't thrown off SRT despite being a danger to all...

You win this round *shakes fist*

I know someone who went a few decades with 'em...
    I made Master in IPSC with the stock Gen 5 sights. IF Glock did a plain black rear and a bright orange front dot, a lot less people would replace them. They are perfectly serviceable as sights go, just not real durable. My rear had a gouge out of it before I replaced it.
    Last edited by Clobbersaurus; 08-24-2019 at 11:34 PM. Reason: Can’t type tonight...
    "Next time somebody says USPSA or IPSC is all hosing, junk punch them." - Les Pepperoni
    --

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by einherjarvalk View Post
    I'm starting to give some thought to shuffling around some projects, selling my "backup" G19.5, and picking up a G45 MOS for later use with an ACRO. One thing I'm curious about that I can't recall hearing a definitive answer on - are Gen 4 aftermarket barrels compatible with Gen 5 slides? I've got a Blacklist barrel in my G19.4 MOS, and if I transition over to the G45 completely, I'd prefer to just drop my barrel into the new gun rather than paying another $180+ for a duplicate barrel.
    They do but Gen 5 guns do not need aftermarket barrels unless you specifically want conventional rifling for some reason like shooting lead reloads.

The Gen 4 comp may look funny with the Gen 5 slide nose.
    Last edited by HCM; 08-25-2019 at 12:05 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Clobbersaurus View Post
    I made Master in IPSC with the stock Gen 5 sights. IF Glock did a plain black rear and a bright orange front dot, a lot less people would replace them. They are perfectly serviceable as sights go, just not real durable. My rear had a gouge out of it before I replaced it.
    Mine were at least durable enough to stand up to several years of LE usage including the occasional scrum on the ground. Obviously mileage will vary.

(That said, I have been spoiled somewhat by the HDs and have them on each of my Glocks at this point.)
    There's nothing civil about this war.

My issue with the OEM sights is the white outline rear - I used to do great with them, but as my vision has changed over the years they have turned into an ugly blur. What I’ve found works best for me now is a serrated plain black rear with a prominent front - Ameriglo Hacks are my preference, but at the moment my 48 is wearing the factory front with the Hack rear until I can get the front exchanged for a taller one. I’ve even temporarily spun the OEM rear around with good results.

The one exception to the plain rear is when they are lit without white rings - I have a set of the Brownells Agents on my 45, and they work well.

Declining vision blows chunks, especially when you were used to 20/15 uncorrected vision for most of your life. Bleah.
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

This may have been covered already, but FWIW I just saw some pics on GT of a newly purchased Gen5 G19 with the front serrations and without the front strap cutout. Not the best pics, but does appear to have the breechface cut.

Site Supporter
    Mine were at least durable enough to stand up to several years of LE usage including the occasional scrum on the ground. Obviously mileage will vary.

(That said, I have been spoiled somewhat by the HDs and have them on each of my Glocks at this point.)

When I bought my G19.5 recently, I decided to take a chance with Glock OEM night sights, but soon chose to replace the fronts with Ameriglo Pro Glo/Orange outline fronts. I've practiced using this setup for one handed slide manipulations/reloads and....so far, so good. Sight acquisition during daylight hours has been something I've noticed becoming more difficult in recent years. The ProGlo's work for me - ymmv.
    Last edited by 11B10; 09-01-2019 at 12:07 PM.

Installed Ameriglos on a G5 G34. I had to order the Agent MOS rear direct from them, its short and fits on the MOS slide without overhang.

I loaded 6 rounds of Speer Lawman 147gr and setup a target at 25 yards. I wanted to verify my L-R after drifting the rear and checking at 10 yards with American Eagle 124gr.

The first 3 rounds I shot while resting the light rail on a block of wood. The 3 rounds were all over the place, you can see 2 of them in the 8 ring. The other round was further high and left. I walked out and was surprised it was so bad. I figured a 3-4" group.

I decided to shoot the other 3 rounds normally (standing, 2 handed) to see what would happen. 3 in the 10 ring! I think I am going to include more 25 yard training since I really don't shoot at that distance much and this was a major fluke. But this thing shoots well. I did play musical chairs with another Glock dash connector (purchased in 2007) and it made a big difference in the trigger pull.

User Tag List