Page 273 of 346 FirstFirst ... 173223263271272273274275283323 ... LastLast
Results 2,721 to 2,730 of 3454

Thread: *THE* Gen 5 Glock thread: First Impressions, Reviews and Thoughts

Quote Originally Posted by modrecoil View Post
    Yeah, it's odd. Here's a photo. The G19.4 on the right has seen at least 15K rounds, multiple courses, and lots of holster work. Finish is in great shape. The G17.2 in the middle was bought used and endured considerable abuse. The G34.5 on the left was bought in April and has seen no more than 3K rounds and a couple of hundred presentations, at most. I know slide length and cant variances will cause wear in different spots but it seems excessive.
    Attachment 39560

G34 with flames! Pretty neat IMO.
    “Remember, being healthy is basically just dying as slowly as possible,” Ricky Gervais

Quote Originally Posted by Greg Bell View Post
    I picked up my second one to give it another try. My first one, an early model, had the trigger turn to crap around 1500-2k rounds. I picked up a 19 mos this time. 800 rounds of various ammo, mostly TULA steel (but also IMI, HST and Hydra Shocks). I put one of the crimson trace units on it and zeroed it with 147 HST. Everything seems to be running good so far with no mf.
    I saw that thread over at M4C, Greg and almost ditched my G19.5 because of it. I've since picked up a 19.5 MOS and a 17.5 MOS. Both have been great guns with no discernible wear in the trigger components and much nicer trigger pulls than my older gen 4s. I bought them because everyone should own a G19 (and a G17 for a range toy )

I am the same way. I try to keep one of each type of gun in my stable. My favorite is my Beretta followed closely by my 1911. But I do like to keep competent with all the regular gun systems.

Hopefully they have the trigger nonsense sorted out. If not, I guess I will buy an apex at some point.

Ran three boxes of ammo through it to test new trigger setup. 2 separate 115grn ball and 1 147grn American eagle. Also ran 50 more round of 147 hst my carry ammo. The trigger is very much improved from two simple parts. Wolff 5# striker spring and Glock minus connector. Still running stock trigger bar.

Glock factory extended mag release is working quite well over the tango down. Magpul 15 rnd mags are hit and miss on dropping free. Only use them for range use anyways. Interesting thing happened in a string of fire. The tangodown grip plug/tool dropped out of the gun. I was about halfway through the mag and noticed something fall. I pressed on and found out after. So now I have had failures with tangodown +2 for my g43. This plug falling out of the g19 and the tango down mag release being subpar. Not very impressed with tango down plastic Glock parts.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Site Supporter
    After several range rentals, followed by some coon fingering at the dealer, I finally broke down and bought a Glock 45. I have only put 100 rounds thru the gun, on a range where I could not draw. Here are my initial thoughts:

This gun has the best OEM Glock trigger I have tried. It’s smooth with a nice roll, without the hard Glock wall of the past.

The medium beaver tail grip combined with no finger grooves fits my hand well. This gun tracks very well in my hands. Too early for a good comparison to the competition, but my early impressions are very favorable. I like the grip texture.

It’s a nice soft shooter and very accurate. I am anxious to get this to a “Real” range so I can draw and use my damn timer.

Quote Originally Posted by Guinnessman View Post
    After several range rentals, followed by some coon fingering at the dealer, I finally broke down and bought a Glock 45. I have only put 100 rounds thru the gun, on a range where I could not draw. Here are my initial thoughts:

This gun has the best OEM Glock trigger I have tried. It’s smooth with a nice roll, without the hard Glock wall of the past.

The medium beaver tail grip combined with no finger grooves fits my hand well. This gun tracks very well in my hands. Too early for a good comparison to the competition, but my early impressions are very favorable. I like the grip texture.

It’s a nice soft shooter and very accurate. I am anxious to get this to a “Real” range so I can draw and use my damn timer.
    I'm just shy of 2000 rds, only hiccup was I had 1 mag "stick". I was down loading HST's to switch to range ammo, and the follower stuck after 1 round coming out. Sharp rap on the baseplate, and all was well. Ran that magazine all afternoon, no repeats.
    It does have a great trigger. Just pull, no staging and it is so revolver like. Except for adding a SCD, I've been running it box stock.
    Amazingly, it is fairly easy to AIWB.
    Hey @JHC, are you still still using your G45 for edc? How is it working out for you.
    Last edited by wvincent; 07-18-2019 at 02:18 PM.
    "And for a regular dude I’m maybe okay...but what I learned is if there’s a door, I’m going out it not in it"-Duke
    "Just because a girl sleeps with her brother doesn't mean she's easy..."-Blues

Quote Originally Posted by wvincent View Post
    I'm just shy of 2000 rds, only hiccup was I had 1 mag "stick". I was down loading HST's to switch to range ammo, and the follower stuck after 1 round coming out. Sharp rap on the baseplate, and all was well. Ran that magazine all afternoon, no repeats.
    It does have a great trigger. Just pull, no staging and it is so revolver like. Except for adding a SCD, I've been running it box stock.
    Amazingly, it is fairly easy to AIWB.
    Hey @JHC, are you still still using your G45 for edc? How is it working out for you.

Its as great as ever but it is spending a lot of time locked up. Not seeing much use for some months as I've been immersed into shooting my 9mm Operator (Lipsey's gun tuned by Dave Sams and now this CQB Elite - OMG!) The G48/43X are the Glocks I've shot most consistently for some months just to say current on them since I'm mostly carrying the 43X.

The G45 didn't fail in any manner. I just swooned for the slim 43X. The 45 is my favorite standard frame gun. Two weeks ago I took it along just because I hadn't for so long and I was so into the CQB that I only fired about 10 rounds through the G45. Yet three of those were the one run of F2S @ 7 yards that ripped off in 1.77 clean. I was like damn that's a nice pistol.

But these 1911s . . . last 3 rounds of .45 last Sunday from 40 yards. I can't leave them alone.

Attachment 40282

And this is just my hare-brained theory but as I shoot 1911 a lot, I don't sense as large a transition to shoot the "slimline" 43X/48 as I do the standard Glocks.
    “Remember, being healthy is basically just dying as slowly as possible,” Ricky Gervais

@JHC, cool! Sounds like someone has the fever, the 1911 fever.
    "And for a regular dude I’m maybe okay...but what I learned is if there’s a door, I’m going out it not in it"-Duke

Quote Originally Posted by wvincent View Post
    @JHC, cool! Sounds like someone has the fever, the 1911 fever.
    I caught it in '81, it went into remission somewhere in the mid '90s and now a more virulent "high end" strain has caught me up.

#Godsgun

Quote Originally Posted by JHC View Post
    I caught it in '81, it went into remission somewhere in the mid '90s and now a more virulent "high end" strain has caught me up.

#Godsgun
    40 yds? Damn, that is awesome, however I suspect the "trigger actuator" is dialed in pretty tight.
    The problem with the "high end" strain is sometime's the "treatment" can be fairly costly, including trips to the Wilson Combat "clinic".

User Tag List