Page 339 of 346 FirstFirst ... 239289329337338339340341 ... LastLast
Results 3,381 to 3,390 of 3454

Thread: *THE* Gen 5 Glock thread: First Impressions, Reviews and Thoughts

Yea grease works great for a little while and then goes back to the same. Within a couple of hundred rounds or dry fire, returns. Never had to do this on my Gen-3 Glocks. Maybe just make this part of my regular lube schedule? I use the Loctite copper anti seize grease that may be the same that Glock factory uses?

I changed out to new OEM trigger bar and connector which did help a little. My next move is maybe polish trigger bar, connector, plunger and firing pin.

Trigger is light on the Gen 5 just need to smooth it out. Gen 3s I have are crisp for Glock but feel a lot heavier than the Gen 5. I might try a OEM minus connector in those when I can find one in stock.

The NP3'd parts that you can get from Overwatch are legit. I kinda pioneered that idea through Freddie Blish when he was running Robar.
    I am the owner of Agile/Training and Consulting
    www.agiletactical.com

I’d still like to see what DLC coating would do for the rest of us.
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

Quote Originally Posted by HeavyDuty View Post
    Where are you applying grease - the usual places?
    I mainly make sure to get it on the sliding surfaces, but when it comes to the entire trigger assembly of the Glock I have ended up on the "more is more" end of the spectrum and I just squeeze grease down into it until the entire area is basically packed with grease. My experiments with attempting to only grease interfaces and moving parts turned into a trigger that locked up so hard I was afraid I would never be able to disassemble it again, so now I err on the side of too much.

I use this stuff, not copper anti-seize paste. https://mil-comm.com/tw25b/

Quote Originally Posted by sierra 223 View Post
    The trigger on my Gen-5 M17 started with a good rolling trigger. Now it has become very inconsistent, sometimes really smooth, sometimes really gritty with a hitch in the the first 1/4 to1/3d of trigger pull.

Everything else about it is better than my Gen-3 19 and 17 which have short crisp consistent triggers but are a bit heavy. The slightly smaller grip and better textures are big improvements for me with the Gen-5, the trigger not so much.
    I had a consistent hitch like this and resolved it by inverting the firing pin safety plunger spring. Tuning (bending) the connector to ensure no trigger bar drag on the frame made a big difference also.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by sierra 223 View Post
    The trigger on my Gen-5 M17 started with a good rolling trigger. Now it has become very inconsistent, sometimes really smooth, sometimes really gritty with a hitch in the the first 1/4 to1/3d of trigger pull.

Everything else about it is better than my Gen-3 19 and 17 which have short crisp consistent triggers but are a bit heavy. The slightly smaller grip and better textures are big improvements for me with the Gen-5, the trigger not so much.
    See stuff like this is why I'm sorta glad the Glock 21 and Glock 30 isn't gen 5 yet.

Sent from my SM-A326U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by mizer67 View Post
    They're a little hard to find for the slim line guns, but I put a smooth faced OEM trigger and trigger bar in my G48 and G43 and it's worlds better, for me. I can't stand the serrated triggers.
    Not trying to be contrary, when I put smooth triggers in two 43X I did not have the same relief you are describing.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric_L View Post
    Not trying to be contrary, when I put smooth triggers in two 43X I did not have the same relief you are describing.
    I was close to trying Overwatch Precision's G43 triggers to fix it, but the lack of availability was an issue.

I've divested of all the Slimline Glocks in favor of Legacy. Simply cannot get the consistency compared to the thicc Glocks and the P365 fits the concealed role so well.

Site Supporter
    Has anyone tried a Johnny Glock Performance Enhanced Connector in their Gen 5?
    --Jason--

Quote Originally Posted by Eric_L View Post
    I’m another one who does much better with smooth triggers, and who put them on my slimlines before I started using Vickers flat triggers.
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

User Tag List