Page 251 of 346 FirstFirst ... 151201241249250251252253261301 ... LastLast
Results 2,501 to 2,510 of 3454

Thread: *THE* Gen 5 Glock thread: First Impressions, Reviews and Thoughts

Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    The rear sight notch is further back to accommodate the optics cut, the MOS has front cocking serrations and does not have the gen 2 style front cut out of the mag well.
    Ok, thanks HCM. I found an unboxing video online and didn't notice the lack of a cutout. (Doesn't really bother me either way).

Same plastic dovetail protectors on the MOS, I guess?

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Rich_Jenkins View Post
    Ok, thanks HCM. I found an unboxing video online and didn't notice the lack of a cutout. (Doesn't really bother me either way).

Same plastic dovetail protectors on the MOS, I guess?
    You can get them with standard NS or bolds. The bolds hasn’t over the back but it doesn’t hurt anything - they just don’t do witness an optic.

My 17.5 MOS came with bolds because that was the only configuration my blue label dealer had at the time. Looked goofy at first but they have grown on me.

Quote Originally Posted by Rich_Jenkins View Post
    And anyway I have a zillion G19 mags.
    This was your first mistake.

I keep a handful of G19/26 mags around. But all my reloads are from 17rd, 19rd, or 24rd mags. You should’ve bought a zillion G17 mags. :-P
    Last edited by El Cid; 12-09-2018 at 05:24 PM.

Site Supporter
    Do all Gen 5 19s have the cutout?

Quote Originally Posted by El Cid View Post
    This was your first mistake.

I keep a handful of G19/26 mags around. But all my reloads are from 17rd, 19rd, or 24rd mags. You should’ve bought a zillion G17 mags. :-P
    This, I have the smaller magazines that came with my smaller Glocks but purchased quite a few 17 and 33 round magazines.
    The 17 round magazines are carried as backup and the 33 round magazines are loaded and available in the doors of my vehicles and they work in any Glock I carry.

Quote Originally Posted by TheNewbie View Post
    19.5 MOS and 45/19X do not have the front cutout.

Site Supporter
    The 19.5 MOS does not. Neither do the 17.5 MOS nor the G45.

Site Supporter
    I have a 45, and really like it. I would have likely got a 19, but even with small hands that cutout felt weird. No idea if it would have affected actually shooting the gun.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Texaspoff View Post
    With my G45s and 19Xs I have moved all my other glocks out, except for a 43 and one 2nd Gen 19 I kept for sentimental reasons. The 45s do everything for me better than my 19s. Yes the 19 may be slightly more concealable, but I have no issues with the 45 and carrying off duty. Despite opinion, I still feel like the 45 is effectively killing the 17. Once the 45MOS is released, I predict sales on the 17 will decline even further.

My wife, also an officer has carried a G17 for years, and after shooting my 45, she is even retiring her 17 and going with the 45. This was no small feat, as she absolutely hates change. She is also left handed and appreciates the controls on the 5th Gen Glocks.

TXPO
    What holsters are you using for the G45?

I put a G45 in my 2014 made 7TS (als but no hood guard or hood) and while it works, the front serrations catch on the way out, and the gun does not "click" into place. It still retains the gun and the als has to be activated to remove it.

What holsters are you using for the G45?

I put a G45 in my 2014 made 7TS (als but no hood guard or hood) and while it works, the front serrations catch on the way out, and the gun does not "click" into place. It still retains the gun and the als has to be activated to remove it.
    Catching serrations was the issue that popped up when I was running 4th Gen 19FS in my 6360s. At the time, I just went back to standard 4th Gen guns to avoid the problem.

When I moved to the G45 I figured it would show up again but I wasn't giving up my G45s period, I was going to find a solution.

Safariland does know about the issue, and said they are working on an upgrade for the ALS for serrations.

What I did to solve the issue was use a piece of industrial strength velco the heavy duty stuff you can get at Home Depot or Lowes, and added it to the ALS lock opposite of the ejection port.

Trim the piece small enough to just fit on the ALS lock. It will be snug at first, but flattens out pretty quick. It creates just enough clearance that the serrations don't hang. The slide only hangs on that side, the ejection port side doesn't exhibit the issues. We have done this mod to a dozen holsters here and have no had a single issue with it.

Piece where the crappy red outline is.....Lol

TXPO
    Last edited by Texaspoff; 12-13-2018 at 10:02 AM.
    ColdBoreCustom.com
    Certified Glock Armorer
    Certified P320 Armorer
    Certified M&P LE Armorer

User Tag List