Page 139 of 346 FirstFirst ... 3989129137138139140141149189239 ... LastLast
Results 1,381 to 1,390 of 3454

Thread: *THE* Gen 5 Glock thread: First Impressions, Reviews and Thoughts

Quote Originally Posted by M2CattleCo View Post
    It's around the radius that contacts the connector. I can't get it to show in pictures.
    Is it just on the trigger bar or both the trigger bar and connector?

Just the trigger bar. I couldn't see or feel anything wrong with the original trigger bar. It has wear marks just from all the use it got, but nothing not normal. I replaced the bar and connector just because I was given both. It helped. It went from one of, if not the worst handgun triggers to a very decent one with those two parts. It's like it was when it was new now.

I'll definitely keep an eye on my carry 19-5. I was going to use my dedicated training gun for the Vickers/Hackathorn class in a few months, but I think I might just use the carry gun to see if anything changes closer to 4k rounds. I haven't gotten a chance to shoot in a long while so my round count has stagnated at about 2200 and the trigger is the same as it was when I first got the gun.

Quote Originally Posted by DanM View Post
    I'll definitely keep an eye on my carry 19-5. I was going to use my dedicated training gun for the Vickers/Hackathorn class in a few months, but I think I might just use the carry gun to see if anything changes closer to 4k rounds. I haven't gotten a chance to shoot in a long while so my round count has stagnated at about 2200 and the trigger is the same as it was when I first got the gun.
    There are other guys with 3,000 plus with no issues. Do you grease the contact point for the trigger bar/connector? Yes it is a little more work. But it does help with sticking there. Also do you clean your gun?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Trukinjp13 View Post
    There are other guys with 3,000 plus with no issues. Do you grease the contact point for the trigger bar/connector? Yes it is a little more work. But it does help with sticking there. Also do you clean your gun?

I greased the contact point with lubriplate when I detail stripped the gun after the 2k round challenge was complete. My gun has been fine. I haven’t noticed any problems.

My posts only represent my personal opinion and do not necessarily reflect the opinions or official policies of any employer, past or present. Obvious spelling errors are likely the result of an iPhone keyboard.

I was at a local shop in SC and checked out a gen5 19 that they had with the new FBI sights (BOLD, FBI, what are we calling these now?). The front sight was not square with the rear notch. I wanted to see another one, but they only had the one in stock with the FBI sights. Has anyone seen this yet, or is this sample of one an anomaly?

Quote Originally Posted by DocSabo40 View Post
    I was at a local shop in SC and checked out a gen5 19 that they had with the new FBI sights (BOLD, FBI, what are we calling these now?). The front sight was not square with the rear notch. I wanted to see another one, but they only had the one in stock with the FBI sights. Has anyone seen this yet, or is this sample of one an anomaly?
    Agent sights.

Got a photo?
    VDMSR.com
    Chief Developer for V Development Group
    Everything I post I do so as a private individual who is not representing any company or organization.

I don't. The most noticeable part was: when properly aligned, the top of the front sight did not form a continuous line with the top of the rear sight. In other words, when the left portion of the front sight was at the top of the rear sight notch, the right portion of the blade was slightly higher. Wouldn't make much of a difference, but that would bug me to no end. I've seen that on SIGs, first time I had seen it on a Glock.

Quote Originally Posted by DocSabo40 View Post
    I don't. The most noticeable part was: when properly aligned, the top of the front sight did not form a continuous line with the top of the rear sight. In other words, when the left portion of the front sight was at the top of the rear sight notch, the right portion of the blade was slightly higher. Wouldn't make much of a difference, but that would bug me to no end. I've seen that on SIGs, first time I had seen it on a Glock.
    I recently noted that the tritium vials in the BOLD sights that came on my Gen5 G19 are significantly misaligned. So much so that if I align the front sight with the rears, the top of my front sight is about 1/4 of the way down into the rear sight notch.

I LOVE the look of the Bold sights, especially the serrated rears, but the next time I get to the range I'm switching them out for my tried and true Pro Glo front/Operator rear combination.

Quote Originally Posted by psalms144.1 View Post
    I recently noted that the tritium vials in the BOLD sights that came on my Gen5 G19 are significantly misaligned. So much so that if I align the front sight with the rears, the top of my front sight is about 1/4 of the way down into the rear sight notch.

I LOVE the look of the Bold sights, especially the serrated rears, but the next time I get to the range I'm switching them out for my tried and true Pro Glo front/Operator rear combination.
    Psalms - Is this the front sight you are talking about?

AmeriGlo Front Pro Glo, Orange

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0097A9TII..._tcfqAb32MVY7H

User Tag List