Page 325 of 346 FirstFirst ... 225275315323324325326327335 ... LastLast
Results 3,241 to 3,250 of 3454

Thread: *THE* Gen 5 Glock thread: First Impressions, Reviews and Thoughts

Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    Standard or +P ?

I think the G 43 can run fine with ammo who’s timing matches it’s operating window. Ammo that’s too fast such as plus P or too slow such as 147 grain starts to induce some issues
    It was standard.
    Just a dog chauffeur that used to hold the dumb end of the leash.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Coyotesfan97 View Post
    It was standard.
    That should run ok.

Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    Standard or +P ?

I think the G 43 can run fine with ammo who’s timing matches it’s operating window. Ammo that’s too fast such as plus P or too slow such as 147 grain starts to induce some issues
    We have several hundred G43’s issued to agents and other personnel, and I’ve yet to see any issues with them. We run 147 grain practice and duty ammunition. Basically every course of fire we shoot with our G19’s we have to shoot with the 43’s as well, so we shoot them a good bit. And of course the FBI is using +p ammo in their 43’s.

I think the biggest issues arise when mixing +p ammo and aftermarket extended magazines.

For Post 3231,
    Regarding the G43.
    I've got an early model G43, bought in mid 2015 and originally came with that discontinued connector (since replaced with Glock's current stock minus connector) with the heavy trigger pull. I've now got over 10,000 rounds through it with no breakages.

If there was/is a need to re-engineer the timing and lock-up, I'll guess it may have to do with heat; more rapid firing (which I seldom do and have never tried to shoot 6,000 rounds without stopping, ever); and perhaps recoil spring assembly life (which Glock's usual blanket advice for dual spring RSAs was to replace at 5,000 rounds, but I've gone 15,000 rounds or so with various other 9mm Glocks).

I understand Glock recently came out with a "02" version of its G43 magazine, too, which apparently has a stronger, thicker-wire mag spring. If the current G43 has the breech-face-notch, my 2015 version doesn't have it. I've not bought the latest 02-version mags, only read about them.

I do know I must ensure the top round (of six rounds) in a mag must be pushed completely to the rear or else I'm likely to get that 1st round jamming into the feed-ramp upon releasing the slide from slide lock back.

If it's timing and lock-up, I don't think it's parts breaking on the original G43 guns, but more overall reliability. I do look forward to someday finding out if/when any NDA (non-disclosure agreement) ever expires (or leaks somehow).

Although I'd like to carry my G43 more, I'm just not as accurate as I'd like to be with it at 15 yards, compared to my G26gen3, G19gen5, or G17gen5. With current ammo prices, I'm just not practicing as much either.

The one I have almost 6K on is from 2015 too and I haven’t had any trouble outside of the finish flaking on the trigger bar. Robar did everything but the slide and striker (they wouldn’t do strikers) in NP3 and it’s been fine since.

I use 147 Lawman almost exclusively, and have tested it quite extensively with 147 HST and trust that it’s reliable.

In over 1K rounds of 147 HST I had three instances of the first round of a slide lock reload stop on the ramp. Twice a light tap on the bottom of the mag sent it into battery, the third time it went on it’s own before I tapped it. That was on a recoil spring with over 3K rounds. No other instances after I changed it.

I think the majority of issues, as already stated, are +p and mag extension induced. I had a very early 43 that I tested with all kinds of extensions and ammo available at the time and even with stock mags they would start FTeject with some +p and Win 127+p+.

I stick with stock mags and standard pressure ammo.

I tried searching. No luck. Anyone used a hogue handball for gen 5? I think it adds finger grooves.
    Anyone actually miss the finger grooves? I shot my rtf2 and it just locks into my grip better? I love my 5s for the better accuracy and ejection, but I shoot my gen 3 faster. I'm pretty sure it's the finger grooves.
    Cheaper to try a hogue than the try to make my rtf2 more accurate and mill that slide I guess.

The 19.5 MOS I pick up in 9 days has the tightest feeling lockup on it, I truly can’t wait to take that sucker home. These latest Gen 5’s should be more like a Gen 5.5 with the breech face cut, lack of a front strap cut, front serrations and the finish feels slightly better.

Quote Originally Posted by noguns View Post
    I tried searching. No luck. Anyone used a hogue handball for gen 5? I think it adds finger grooves.
    Anyone actually miss the finger grooves? I shot my rtf2 and it just locks into my grip better? I love my 5s for the better accuracy and ejection, but I shoot my gen 3 faster. I'm pretty sure it's the finger grooves.
    Cheaper to try a hogue than the try to make my rtf2 more accurate and mill that slide I guess.
    I go back and forth on the finger grooves. I’m one of those people who is pretty insensitive to them, but I think I prefer not having them.
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

Quote Originally Posted by HeavyDuty View Post
    I go back and forth on the finger grooves. I’m one of those people who is pretty insensitive to them, but I think I prefer not having them.
    Now, I think I prefer them.

I started without them on my Gen 2 G19 in 1988. And I was initially disappointed when Glock replaced the frame with a Gen 3 after discovering a crack at the mag well a few years back. But I've since learned that I actually prefer the finger grooves now on the 19, Gen4 G17 and Gen2.5 G26.

I'm just fine with the Gen 5 G26 not having them...especially with the addition of the Talon Grip...but it's now my only Glock without them at the moment...and I think given the choice, I'd opt for them.

(Obviously, a different story for someone with a larger than medium sized hand.)
    There's nothing civil about this war.

I am all Gen 5 and do not miss the finger grooves at all.

User Tag List