Page 180 of 346 FirstFirst ... 80130170178179180181182190230280 ... LastLast
Results 1,791 to 1,800 of 3454

Thread: *THE* Gen 5 Glock thread: First Impressions, Reviews and Thoughts

BTW, I just realised that this 17 Gen 5 with front serrations also has the MOS thing. So its basically a Glock 17 Gen 5 MOS with front serrations. Damn.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1ANG0e6N6aQ

Watch at 0.32

Quote Originally Posted by Billy View Post
    BTW, I just realised that this 17 Gen 5 with front serrations also has the MOS thing. So its basically a Glock 17 Gen 5 MOS with front serrations. Damn.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1ANG0e6N6aQ

Watch at 0.32
    Glock needs to offer that configuration in the US for 19s and 17s.

Update:

I was so happy with the first 19.5 that I bought a second.

My shooting buddy and I did our level best to induce a stoppage. We tried them dry, with a TLR-1 mounted, and Tula 115 grain ball. Function was perfect, with reliable 4 o'clock ejection.

We then went into the fun defensive loads:

147 grain Golden Saber
    124 grain +P Gold Dot
    147 grain HST

If I'd been on my game, at ten meters, all the rounds would have been in the same hole. As it was, it was still close, with some groups doubling and tripling.

I might add that my buddy Mike had obtained a new 17.5, and he was having trouble with his second round. It then dawned on me: He was trying to ride the reset, instead of letting the trigger relax. Once I pointed out the rolling break in the Gen 5 trigger, Mike started to connect.

The bastard.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    DP Pro on my G5 34 went TU today — wandering zero. I have lost track of how many I have broken. RMS Shield arrives tomorrow.
    GJM, are you competing with the 34? Do you see any benefit to it over the 17 using the red dot?

Quote Originally Posted by MVS View Post
    GJM, are you competing with the 34? Do you see any benefit to it over the 17 using the red dot?
    Yes, and the timer indicates a benefit for me with the 34 in USPSA field courses.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Yes, and the timer indicates a benefit for me with the 34 in USPSA field courses.
    I am really digging my Gen 5 19 for EDC and was thinking about moving to a Gen 5 for my comp gun, using a Gen 4 MOS right now. Does the extra barrel length impede your draw?

Quote Originally Posted by MVS View Post
    I am really digging my Gen 5 19 for EDC and was thinking about moving to a Gen 5 for my comp gun, using a Gen 4 MOS right now. Does the extra barrel length impede your draw?
    On something like Gabe’s test, I am enough faster to shot one with a 19 over the 34 to matter. Over 30-40 shots of a field course the draw advantage of the 19 is overwhelmed by the steadiness of the 34 in shooting difficult arrays.

I have gone to Gen 5 34 MOS pistols, because while my Gen 4 triggers are a bit better, the accuracy, bigger mag well and recoil impulse
    make the G5 34 my clear preference.

On something like Gabe’s test, I am enough faster to shot one with a 19 over the 34 to matter. Over 30-40 shots of a field course the draw advantage of the 19 is overwhelmed by the steadiness of the 34 in shooting difficult arrays.

I have gone to Gen 5 34 MOS pistols, because while my Gen 4 triggers are a bit better, the accuracy, bigger mag well and recoil impulse
    make the G5 34 my clear preference.
    Interesting, for myself I have never found shorter guns to be faster on the draw. On close targets the bigger, longer guns always indexed a little better because it is easier to orient that long slide towards the target in my peripheral with target visual focus. Plus the full size grip allows a little more room for error which provided a little more consistency in the accuracy department if the draw wasn't quite right. The 19 does feel like it cycles a little faster than the full size but not enough to provide significant split advantage.

What grip plug fits the Gen 5s the best?

Quote Originally Posted by secondstoryguy View Post
    What grip plug fits the Gen 5s the best?
    If you don’t use the OEM backstraps, I really like the Glockmeister.

User Tag List