Page 341 of 346 FirstFirst ... 241291331339340341342343 ... LastLast
Results 3,401 to 3,410 of 3454

Thread: *THE* Gen 5 Glock thread: First Impressions, Reviews and Thoughts

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by HeavyDuty View Post
    I really do wish they’d get the large frame Gen5s released, in particular an updated 30s…
    I'd be in for a 20 and most likely a 21.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by HeavyDuty View Post
    I really do wish they’d get the large frame Gen5s released, in particular an updated 30s…
    To me, the gen 5 does nothing better for the large frames. They're already terrifically accurate and I like the finger grooves. Add the problems some gen 5s seem to have with their triggers becoming suddenly terrible and I'm perfectly content with my 3rd and 4th gen big bore Glocks.

Sent from my SM-A326U using Tapatalk

We are now 5 years past the introduction of the Gen 5. I find it a bit ridiculous that they haven't updated their whole product line in all that time. I mean really? They're going to sell so why not tool up for the rest of the models?

I gave up on getting a 21.5 and a 31.5, I gave up on the 31 altogether but found a NIB unfired 21.3 with a pile of new mags to go with it for a pretty nice price so I bought that. Their procrastination cost them a couple of sales and I'm sure there are many more like me out there.

Hey gang.

Is there any reason why I shouldn't toss in one of these thangs for CCW?

https://www.midwayusa.com/product/1024913076

Have read of some oem ones breaking. Want more durability + lighter pull.

Quote Originally Posted by QuickStrike View Post
    Have read of some oem ones breaking.
    Really? Where?

The Gen 1-4 trigger springs did break occasionally. Often because of improper (re)assembly. That said, I have never broke one in a Gen3 or Gen4 gun. I did change them out once in a while in my higher round count guns.

Then Gen5 trigger spring is supposed to be an improvement on the earlier generations, and less likely to break. I won't say it can't happen, but its even less likely to break than the older generation trigger springs.

For carry: OEM parts only for me. For a gamer gun? tinker away. IMHO, YMMV, etc.

[QUOTE=QuickStrike;1400459]Hey gang.

Is there any reason why I shouldn't toss in one of these thangs for CCW?

https://www.midwayusa.com/product/1024913076

Have read of some oem ones breaking. Want more durability + lighter pull.[/QUOT

Stay with OEM.

Quote Originally Posted by WDR View Post
    The Gen 1-4 trigger springs did break occasionally. Often because of improper (re)assembly. That said, I have never broke one in a Gen3 or Gen4 gun. I did change them out once in a while in my higher round count guns.
    The spring he is asking about is for a Gen5 gun.

My carry guns are a G19 or a G43. Both use the same trigger spring. If there have been problems with that part I would like to know more about it.

The only Gen5 trigger problems I have heard about were down to user error. The owners stripped the guns down and when they assembled them they put the trigger bar on top of the the hooked piece in the trigger mechanism housing instead of into it.

Quote Originally Posted by EzGoingKev View Post
    The only Gen5 trigger problems I have heard about were down to user error. The owners stripped the guns down and when they assembled them they put the trigger bar on top of the the hooked piece in the trigger mechanism housing instead of into it.
    I picked up a lightly used G19.5 a week or two ago and when I pulled it apart before shooting the first time I found that sure enough the crucible was sitting on top of the hooked piece in the trigger housing. Thanks to this great forum I immediately knew that it installed incorrectly. Thank you!

The original owner had installed a gen 5 ZEV curved trigger and a Ghost 3.5 Edge connector in it, both of which I surprisingly liked a lot after running some rounds thru it. I'm going to leave those parts in it since it's going to be a competition and range only use pistol and see how they hold up.

Quote Originally Posted by EzGoingKev View Post
    The spring he is asking about is for a Gen5 gun.
    Well aware. I just have doubts about the Gen5 OEM part being a weak link, and I don't see a need to replace the OEM part, as its likely more durable than previous generation trigger springs (which is likely where the "broken trigger spring" stories come from, hence my post).

By all means, anyone can do as they please chasing parts combos they like. I prefer to just shoot more ammo.

User Tag List