Page 117 of 346 FirstFirst ... 1767107115116117118119127167217 ... LastLast
Results 1,161 to 1,170 of 3454

Thread: *THE* Gen 5 Glock thread: First Impressions, Reviews and Thoughts

Quote Originally Posted by kitten_frenzy View Post
    Yep! Mailed it out early last week to Jagerwerks. I went with the black nitride refinishing so I probably won't get it back until Christmas time.
    Ill probably have mine back before then, Ill let you know how mine is.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Trukinjp13 View Post
    Im not trying to be a Dick here. But why does the 1911 ejection test always come up, when we are not talking about 1911s? The design is completely different. I guess I fail to see how it truly carries over? I have seen these tests on guns with thousands of rounds through them. With perfect function through every one. They have failed the test though. So therefore were shit? Yet they function correctly in the environment they were designed to.

AMEN!

I’m hitting left with my Gen 5 G19, Ameriglo rear centered in the slide and front straight. 3” left at 15y. Don’t have this issue with my Gen 3s. Don’t know if I have to adjust to the different trigger, if the large grip backstrap is changing my trigger press, or if it’s the gun. Thoughts?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by vandal View Post
    I’m hitting left with my Gen 5 G19, Ameriglo rear centered in the slide and front straight. 3” left at 15y. Don’t have this issue with my Gen 3s. Don’t know if I have to adjust to the different trigger, if the large grip backstrap is changing my trigger press, or if it’s the gun. Thoughts?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    It has become increasingly apparent to me that every glock I have shot over the years needs to have its own zero.

Simply putting the sights in the middle and saying its perfect doesn't fit the bill because of the variables of barrel vs type of ammo vs elevation/temp.
    VDMSR.com
    Chief Developer for V Development Group
    Everything I post I do so as a private individual who is not representing any company or organization.

Quote Originally Posted by voodoo_man View Post
    It has become increasingly apparent to me that every glock I have shot over the years needs to have its own zero.

Simply putting the sights in the middle and saying its perfect doesn't fit the bill because of the variables of barrel vs type of ammo vs elevation/temp.
    Like Kyle Defoor says, pistols need to be zeroed just like rifles. My G19-5 is zeroed for windage with the rear sight centered. I’ll be buying a second one early next year and I can’t tell you for sure that it will also be zeroed for me with the rear site centered.

My posts only represent my personal opinion and do not necessarily reflect the opinions or official policies of any employer, past or present. Obvious spelling errors are likely the result of an iPhone keyboard.

Well, I convinced myself that I needed a third 19 so naturally why would I not want to try the new FBI gun? Some notes:

- As others have mentioned, finger-blasting one at the gun store doesn't quite do it justice. The trigger and ergos feel better when it's actually in use.
    - I never dove into the Gen4s so I don't have a baseline of comparison, but side by side my Gen5 shot noticeably softer than my Gen3.
    - It fits my M3 Tactical appendix holster without the need for modifications!
    - I have tiny hands so I didn't even notice the cut-out at the front of the grip.
    - I like the new lip on the front of the mags more than the orange follower.

Question for you guys: when you take the slide off of the frame and pull the striker back so that the firing pin safety is engaged, does it then give you a hard time when putting the slide back on the frame? I'm guessing this is because of the redesigned internals.

has anyone removed the right side safety on the Gen 5 yet?

I am accustomed to making small adjustments when zeroing using my sight pusher.

But I haven’t had a glock (in the 20 or so I’ve had) that began “off” that much. But I also haven’t had one with this trigger (except my G43) or one with the ability to properly (I think) fit my big hands.

Then there’s the reports of Gen5s arriving with the rear sight already pushed right, and an email from Glock saying they did that deliberately... I wonder what’s up.

Quote Originally Posted by DanM View Post
    Like Kyle Defoor says, pistols need to be zeroed just like rifles. My G19-5 is zeroed for windage with the rear sight centered. I’ll be buying a second one early next year and I can’t tell you for sure that it will also be zeroed for me with the rear site centered.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Quote Originally Posted by voodoo_man View Post

Quote Originally Posted by DanM View Post

I️ have Trijicon HDs on my Glock now that I’d like to change out, except they’re perfectly zeroed and I️ don’t want to take the time to do that again when there’s something in place that works. I️ keep coming back to, “oh screw it, they’re fine I️ guess.”

Anyone running a Grip Force Adapter on a 19.5?

User Tag List