Page 255 of 346 FirstFirst ... 155205245253254255256257265305 ... LastLast
Results 2,541 to 2,550 of 3454

Thread: *THE* Gen 5 Glock thread: First Impressions, Reviews and Thoughts

I’ve got some Truglo TFOs showing up today to try on the G45. Usually not my style. I like Ameriglo Defoors or something simple usually but wanted to try something different.

Planning on getting a gen 5 26 this week and I’m embarrassed to say, but I want to try some XS big dots on that.

Copied this from my journal, thought members may want to see the wear on my G17 after 6K rounds.

Quote Originally Posted by Clobbersaurus View Post
    12/23

250 rounds AE, 124g

That puts my Gen 5 right at 6,344 rounds. Some pics of the wear, which appears normal, and minimal. The slide finish is excellent and shows very minimal wear after almost daily dry practice and thousands of draws from the holster in the 8 months I have owned it.

Finish has mostly worn off both sides of the slide release.

The slide finish is amazing. Hardly any wear for the work it’s seen.

Just a few minor bright spots near the muzzle

Magwell is a little battered from thousands of reloads.

Needs to be detail stripped and cleaned. I have only cleaned it a couple times, and only just with a field strip and scrub.
    "Next time somebody says USPSA or IPSC is all hosing, junk punch them." - Les Pepperoni
    --

This is what we call “honest wear.”
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

I may have missed this, but has anyone confirmed the presence of the breech face cut on a model other than the G45 at this point?

Edited to note: Doh! Yes, @dfeder530 for one, in post 2479. So...does the 47021 ejector go along with the breech cut?
    Last edited by Gater; 12-30-2018 at 08:02 AM.

Yea. New 19.5 MOS has it. Throws brass a mile.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk
    Look! Just because we're bereaved, that doesn't make us saps!

[QUOTE=Gater;826995]I may have missed this, but has anyone confirmed the presence of the breech face cut on a model other than the G45 at this point?

Edited to note: Doh! Yes, @dfeder530 for one, in post 2479. So...does the 47021 ejector go along with the breech cut?[/QUOTE

The 3 Gen 5 Glocks I have starting with letters BH all have the new breech face cut. G19X/G19MOS/G45

Site Supporter
    My new Gen 5 19 MOS. I added Ameriglo Suppressor Height Sights, and the CH Precision RMR MOS adapter plate, which fills in the gap at the front and rear of the standard MOS plates. I have the Vickers Slide Stop and Magazine Release on the way as well as Dawson Precision MOS Cowitness Suppressor Sights. I really like the Magwell and the front serrations more than I thought I would. It's more accurate and has a better trigger than my Gen 3 19.

Name:  Gen519.jpg
Views: 1496
Size:  45.3 KB
    Be Aware-Stay Safe. Gunfighting Is A Thinking Man's Game. So We Might Want To Bring Thinking Back Into It.

Worked out the 19X at 50 yards. Meh results. Beat it like a dog with my RTF2 G19 with KKM barrel. Then dropped that KKM barrel into the 19X and the Marksman barrel into the RTF2.

BOOM. Low strike flyer but four shot group just stupid. 6:00 hold on the head at 50 yards. I'll leave the KKM barrel in the 19X for a spell. Marksman barrel in the RTF2.

Interesting to me is that in each of my Gen 3 or 4s I put a KKM barrel in (3 19s and 3 17s) the KKM raised the POI such that I got .245 tall front sights to dial them in.

But swapping OEM Marksman barrel with KKM G19 barrel had the same POI in the 19X. I changed the OEM tritium set to HD's from another pistols with a .245 tall front and got a nice just on the top of the front post POI. I guess the Gen 5 tolerances are such that the KKM doesn't change that aspect vs Marksman barrel.

Attachment 33896

Attachment 33897
    “Remember, being healthy is basically just dying as slowly as possible,” Ricky Gervais

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by JHC View Post
    Worked out the 19X at 50 yards. Meh results. Beat it like a dog with my RTF2 G19 with KKM barrel. Then dropped that KKM barrel into the 19X and the Marksman barrel into the RTF2.

BOOM. Low strike flyer but four shot group just stupid. 6:00 hold on the head at 50 yards. I'll leave the KKM barrel in the 19X for a spell. Marksman barrel in the RTF2.

Interesting to me is that in each of my Gen 3 or 4s I put a KKM barrel in (3 19s and 3 17s) the KKM raised the POI such that I got .245 tall front sights to dial them in.

But swapping OEM Marksman barrel with KKM G19 barrel had the same POI in the 19X. I changed the OEM tritium set to HD's from another pistols with a .245 tall front and got a nice just on the top of the front post POI. I guess the Gen 5 tolerances are such that the KKM doesn't change that aspect vs Marksman barrel.

Attachment 33896

Attachment 33897
    That makes sense as the gen 5 marksman barrel’s tighter lock up is why the normally require a talker front sight.

@JHC what sights are you using on that 19X? Thanks in advance!
    Food Court Apprentice
    Semper Paratus certified AR15 armorer

User Tag List