Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Anyone have any experience with Streamlight TLR-6 on a G26?

Anyone have any experience with Streamlight TLR-6 on a G26?

Transitioning from a P320sc to a Gen4 G26 for my EDC. Saw these and wondered if anyone has an experience (or heard of anyone using one) they could share. Specifically, wondering if they affect function or reliability of the gun negatively in any way. I am more interested in white light but they only offer this model with both light and laser but you can toggle whichever one you need or both.

http://www.streamlight.com/docs/defa...t.pdf?sfvrsn=2

Looks like JMCK offers my preferred IWB holster setup for this. I have an order in already but was thinking of switching to add the light.

TLR-6 is also available for non-railed 1911s. Has anyone tried one of those? Are the switches on this light usable? (Streamlights ad videos didn't exactly impress me...)

Site Supporter
    I've been using a g26 with a tlr6 in a jwck for about a year now. It hasn't affected the guns reliability. It's not my primary, it just sits in the car. My only complaint is the switch, I can't imagine it being the best when speed is key.

It will not affect the guns reliability. I have it on a 9mm M&P Shield. I find the activation to be easy with my support thumb. I was also just looking for a white light and this was really the only option to mount a light to the shield. I did experience the battery door coming open upon recoil and have sent it back to streamlight for repair. I have not heard of anyone else having the issue so I still feel competent with carrying it. The light is not as bright as some full size weapon lights (tlr-1 & x300). But, if you don't want one protruding past the muzzle then it is probably the only option. I will say that if you are going to carry inside the waistband I don't see the extra length of a full size light being an issue as it is concealed. The extra lumens may beneficial. I don't believe in too many lumens as some do. Simply my $0.02 that may help you make the decision that is best for you.
    Last edited by b.bonnett; 09-08-2017 at 04:42 PM.

Here is an update regarding the TLR-6 battery door coming open from recoil. I sent the light back to Streamlight for warranty/repair. The process to send it in was way easier than when I had to send my X300u-b in for repair when it stopped working after 7 months of use. Details on that below. After two or three weeks I got the TLR-6 back. It appeared as though they sent me a new housing (the left and right side plastic pieces). I would imagine the light/laser unit was the same which is fine as there were no issues with that. I installed it and shot a few hundred rounds. The battery door remained closed and the problem was fixed. Good turnaround in my opinion. I have been using Streamlight products for 8+ years since I became a cop. I would trust any one of their products and if something does go wrong (as all manufacturers may produce a bad product) I trust they will quickly fix the issue.

For those wondering what the issue with the X300u was, the following is my experience. I decided to upgrade from a TLR-1s to the X300u. I am a full time law enforcement officer and had shot between 700 and 900 rounds of 357 Sig with the light on a P226 in about 7 months. I was doing some low light shooting indoors and the light stopped working. I emailed customer support and didn't hear back from them. I called Surefire customer service during business hours, no answer. I left a message, no call back within a day. I called again and got a hold of someone. I got a return authorization and sent the light back. I didn't hear anything for a month. I called to check the status. They had logged it for repair a week prior (2+ weeks after I sent it in). Three weeks later I got the light back so nearly two months without it. The light seemed fine, it was the same one based on holster wear. I sold the x300 and bought a TLR-1HL. I can honestly say that I think my experience is very rare based on the reputation Surefire has. However, after that I will be sticking with Streamlight.

Not a G26, but both of my G43's have them. Around a thousand rounds through each gun and no issues.

I will say the light is not really bright compared to a typical weapon light. It's not something I'd use to go looking for dangerous people, but for defensive carry it's sufficient in my opinion.

I've wondered if the TLR-6 for a G26 will work on a gen2 G19.
    "It's surprising how often you start wondering just how featureless a desert some people's inner landscapes must be."
    -Maple Syrup Actual

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck Whitlock View Post
    I've wondered if the TLR-6 for a G26 will work on a gen2 G19.
    Dunno know. But the surefire xc1 is a great light. I think there is an xc2 with laser coming out this year, supposedly announced at shot show.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

A second generation Glock doesn't have an accessory rail...

Sent from my Infernal Contraption using Tapatalk
    IDPA SSP classification: Sharpshooter
    F.A.S.T. classification: Intermediate

I just got the TLR-6 for my SIG P938...

Think it is a nice light for the guns it fits. Not too dim, but wouldn’t mind a little more Lumens. I do like the battery, since I use them with other sights/lights. Battery door was a little pain, but rather that than opening too easily. When you change magazines, have the door facing up. I did it facing down, and the bottom battery got caught up in the door. Wasn’t hard to fix, but was worried about breaking something.

Controls are ok. I run it with both the light/laser, but you can change it by pressing both sides to light only or laser only. Was going to run light only, but the red dot isn’t hurting anything while on. Can’t wait for dry-fire practice compared to a CT laser you have to hold the button down.

The button, itself, isn’t that bad. Quick press constant, hold longer, momentary upon release. Thought it would be in a crappy position... but fits my trigger finger without issue.

Only thing I don’t like is how it fits on the trigger guard. While it does fit securely, have to play with the main piece to get it on there. Then, the three screws do not get the gaps out in the halves down by the guard that meets the grip. To me, that just looks cheaper than it should be. CT grips, and even my Recover Tactical 1911 grips (like the option of a rail, but didn’t want a railed frame), don’t have those issues. Tighten the screws, the halves meet tightly. Other than that, I also plan on sanding down the second half, as there were two mold marks right on the side. Again, just looks cheap when you likely could have put those on the inside.

Personally, I think it is a good option. Would rather have saved the weight and not have the laser option (I will try to use it as much for practice, just because it is there... but I don’t train with them with the plan to use them). But I actually like the LaserMax weapon light on my J-frame a little better. And like the TLR-3 on my Glock 30S even more. But none of those are an option on my SIG.

User Tag List