Page 34 of 46 FirstFirst ... 24323334353644 ... LastLast

Thread: Lehigh has changed my idea of a field pistol

When I was riding seriously and training for xc races, I carried a 26 in my hydration pack. I was able to get it out fast enough to draw on two pit bulls that a guy released on me way out in Tweakerville in S Washington. After he saw the gun, he called his dogs.
    “There is no growth in the comfort zone.”--Jocko Willink
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie

Quote Originally Posted by Clusterfrack View Post
    I’m writing this post from Missoula. I’m here for the USPSA Area 1 Championship. Unfortunately I pulled/tore a calf muscle on the first day and couldn’t continue the match. I’m staying in a cabin outside town and was hobbling on a hike in the woods when I met a big momma and two cubs.

I drew my P07, yelled, and took cover behind some closely spaced trees. Even with 16 rounds of 147HST, I felt pretty undergunned. She postured but when her cubs left she did too.

Is the 115 +p+ the current recommendation for Underwood 9mm?
    https://www.midwayusa.com/product/68...free-box-of-20
    Wow, my Sunday was different! How do you feel today?

Quote Originally Posted by cheby View Post
    Wow, my Sunday was different! How do you feel today?
    Yeah, that was exciting, but I’d rather have been shooting USPSA.

I’m feeling a ton better. Muscle is not torn, I think. I should be able to shoot USPSA Dundee this Sat.

Congrats on your finish yesterday!

Hammertime
    Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    She did 86 fanny pack carry.
    How did she carry instead?

Followup to my bear story. My buddy and I got a ride into town from one of the owner/caretakers of our cabin. She and her sister live in a trailer on site, and seemed to be in their 60's. They moved to Missoula from Idaho a couple of years ago, and don't seem to have much experience. Evidently there are at least 3 families of bears living around there, plus a big aggressive male. The two women are afraid to do any hiking around their property because the bears basically own the area, and visitors keep feeding them.

Interesting.

Followup to my bear story. My buddy and I got a ride into town from one of the owner/caretakers of our cabin. She and her sister live in a trailer on site, and seemed to be in their 60's. They moved to Missoula from Idaho a couple of years ago, and don't seem to have much experience. Evidently there are at least 3 families of bears living around there, plus a big aggressive male. The two women are afraid to do any hiking around their property because the bears basically own the area, and visitors keep feeding them.

Interesting.
    Maybe they'd put you up for free to come back in bear season and cull the big male?
    “Remember, being healthy is basically just dying as slowly as possible,” Ricky Gervais

Quote Originally Posted by JHC View Post
    Maybe they'd put you up for free to come back in bear season and cull the big male?
    What an excellent idea! I'd have to find someone with hunting experience to go with me.

FIFY

What an excellent idea! I'd have to find a Benelli M2, some Brenneke slugs, and someone with hunting experience and bum knees to go with me.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    FIFY
    Montana 2018 Black Bear Season Dates: From April 15 through May 31–June 15 (Various). Not too late assuming there are still tags available. The out of state licence is kinda spendy though

Quote Originally Posted by cheby View Post
    Montana 2018 Black Bear Season Dates: From April 15 through May 31–June 15 (Various). Not too late assuming there are still tags available. The out of state licence is kinda spendy though
    Not too late for revenge?

I've got too much going on right now to make that happen. But that place definitely needs some hunting done. Too many bears.

User Tag List