Page 46 of 46 FirstFirst ... 36444546

Thread: Lehigh has changed my idea of a field pistol

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    Since I will be mostly in Alaska and Montana for a while, I got my Underwood Lehigh ammo out. First, I checked zero on the Underwood 115+P at 20 yards, in an X Compact upper with a Romeo 1 Pro that I recently got. I saw my first and second shot, but then it looked like I was missing a few holes. This is the target -- guess this Sig likes this load. Hits a bit right of the 147 HST it is zeroed for.

Attachment 72994

Here it is.

Attachment 72995

Then I shot the same load at 20 yards in a 365XL that was zeroed for 115 Gold Dot.

Attachment 72996
    OK the burning question for me goes like this.

So your load out for AK this year when out hiking/hunting will be a long gun (shotgun or rifle) and the sidearm will be a 9mm?
    I've been dreaming of this day.
    “Remember, being healthy is basically just dying as slowly as possible,” Ricky Gervais

Quote Originally Posted by Phaedrus View Post
    I don't know if I need type slower or use smaller words. I never said the wolf of afraid of him! Does he ride around with a pork chop in his pocket? I'm glad he was unharmed, that's awesome. The fact remains that bees kill many times more humans each year than wolves. They're not saints or benevolent spirits but I'm sure you know that for every human a wolf kills 20 are killed by domestic cows. There's a potential for many animals to hurt or kill a human; respect them but don't live in fear.
    Oh by all means use smaller words there " Phaedrus"..

Anyone who labels themselves as such, is far too intelligent for a decidedly non-cosmopolitan, poorly travelled hick of little book-lernin. I simply wanted to point out where the reality of actual experience on the subject matter proves different than armchair theory.

You just keep thinking there Butch, that's what your good at..

Quote Originally Posted by Phaedrus View Post
    There are times when I tired of needing to store my food in a bear canister and it would be nice to be able to eat dinner in camp without fear of a Grizzly pulling me out of my sleeping bag that night. But the Grizzly also belongs here. He was here before me and will here after I'm gone. Same for wolves.
    Very true, all that and more, if one assumes a species-perspective. But that individual animal has the ability and apparent intent to do mischief to me or mine right now, and that makes him meat.

The world is a more pleasing place when all roads are two-way.

"carbine-infested rural (and suburban) areas"
    Quote Originally Posted by Duces Tecum View Post
    Very true, all that and more, if one assumes a species-perspective.
    I'm sure @RevolverRob could fill in the details, but my understanding is that homo sapiens ran the giant short-faced bear out of the Americas somewhere around 10k years ago. This stuff has been going on for awhile.
    -----------------------------------------
    Not another dime.

Hammertime
    Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    A difference between Alaska and Idaho/Wyoming/Montana is how grizzly bears interact with humans. In Alaska, where the bears have been hunted for years, the bears most often give humans a wide berth. In the lower 48, where the bears have not been hunted for years, they seem less concerned by humans.
    The European Brown Bear is similar genetically to the Grizzly, but behaviorally they are reticent likely due to selective destructive of aggressive individuals over the course of human history. @RevolverRob may be able to comment better.

User Tag List