Page 24 of 46 FirstFirst ... 14222324252634 ... LastLast

Thread: Lehigh has changed my idea of a field pistol

Quote Originally Posted by StraitR View Post
    Indeed. If I were one of the brave men and women in blue, this would concern me.
    I get that, and....

Even when I quit in 2002 there was handgun ammo out there that would go through our vests. We never saw any assholes out there with it. I was much concerned about running into an asshole armed with any one of the millions of garden variety hunting rifles that would go through our vests.
    I was into 10mm Auto before it sold out and went mainstream, but these days I'm here for the revolver and epidemiology information.

I'm under the impression that garden variety thugs don't know enough about guns to be packing this ammo to kill cops. Am I wrong? I'm more worried about it getting banned as armor piercing.

What interests me about the video is that the Lehigh bullet apparently has a shape that enhances penetration, and based on the experience of 5pins, there is apparently a minimum velocity threshold required. Depending upon that velocity, it could influence what caliber I used with the Lehigh bullet.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Looks like Underwood make a 115g +p penetrator and also a 115g +p+ version in 9mm. Any thoughts which would be the better option as a woods round?

Quote Originally Posted by rangerover View Post
    Looks like Underwood make a 115g +p penetrator and also a 115g +p+ version in 9mm. Any thoughts which would be the better option as a woods round?
    I snagged a box of the regular +p to test when I test the 10mm. Plan to shoot it at bulletproof glass like in the one video that has been posted before. I also plan to shoot through a windshield.

Based on what I've read just in this thread, +P+ if you have an H&K, +p if you have anything else.
    Last edited by Bigghoss; 09-25-2017 at 08:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lester Polfus View Post
    I get that, and....

Even when I quit in 2002 there was handgun ammo out there that would go through our vests. We never saw any assholes out there with it. I was much concerned about running into an asshole armed with any one of the millions of garden variety hunting rifles that would go through our vests.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigghoss View Post
    I'm under the impression that garden variety thugs don't know enough about guns to be packing this ammo to kill cops. Am I wrong? I'm more worried about it getting banned as armor piercing.

New thread made for discussion in GD, as to not derail this one... https://pistol-forum.com/showthread....tol-Ammunition

Based on what I've read just in this thread, +P+ if you have an H&K, +p if you have anything else.
    I have a Glock. Never thought +p+ would be too much for a Glock.

Underwood lists the +P at 1,250 and +P+ at 1,350 fps. I didn't even know the +P+ load existed, and only have tested the +P, which has functioned in numerous 9mm pistols. I am not sure that the extra 100 fps will be meaningful in penetration, but I worry about it being more at the edge of the reliability envelope. Thoughts?
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

I have a Glock. Never thought +p+ would be too much for a Glock.
    It's not going to explode, but it'll wear out much faster.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    Underwood lists the +P at 1,250 and +P+ at 1,350 fps. I didn't even know the +P+ load existed, and only have tested the +P, which has functioned in numerous 9mm pistols. I am not sure that the extra 100 fps will be meaningful in penetration, but I worry about it being more at the edge of the reliability envelope. Thoughts?
    You'd know a lot better than I would so I'll defer to you on that. I'm mostly thinking of the lifespan of the pistol it's being used in. +p would be the safe bet since it ought to do what someone would need of it

User Tag List