Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: PX4 Compact Carry: regular, CC, long, and full size

PX4 Compact Carry: regular, CC, long, and full size

I'll be needing an AIWB Wing Claw for a PX4CC. I may pick up a full size gun later, so assuming the CC fits the FS holsters, that might be the way to go. Do the "long" and Compact Carry-specific holsters offer any great advantage over carrying a Compact in the full size holster? Does the Compact Carry version complicate certain changes to the gun, like changing to different control levers?

Quote Originally Posted by boing View Post
    I'll be needing an AIWB Wing Claw for a PX4CC. I may pick up a full size gun later, so assuming the CC fits the FS holsters, that might be the way to go. Do the "long" and Compact Carry-specific holsters offer any great advantage over carrying a Compact in the full size holster? Does the Compact Carry version complicate certain changes to the gun, like changing to different control levers?
    boing, the fullsize is very close in length to our long so not a big advantage, but the compact carry has smaller de cockers and slide releases and the compact carry mold reflects that. If you are wanting to carry both, then I would get the fullsize, you won't have to change controls on the fullsize. Thanks
    sales@jmcustomkydex.com

Thanks, Tony. Order placed.

I've got a question in the same vane. I'm going to be ordering a px4 compact carry holster soon. I want a full guard and am not sure that I will stick with the stealth levers or opt for a set with more of a shelf. If I go with the regular px4 compact holster is there enough built in room for say the 92 style levers or is it only molded for the factory levers only? I can't see any other outside differences in the compact carry and the regular compact to make a difference other than the levers but figured I would ask here before ordering.
    "...we suffer more in imagination than in reality." Seneca, probably.

Tony, so your Full-size PX4 holster fits the compact, too? I know some folks holsters don’t due to the slightly different slide contour between the two.
    --Josh
    “Formerly we suffered from crimes; now we suffer from laws.” - Tacitus.

Quote Originally Posted by LOKNLOD View Post
    Tony, so your Full-size PX4 holster fits the compact, too? I know some folks holsters don’t due to the slightly different slide contour between the two.
    LOKNLOD, yes it does!
    sales@jmcustomkydex.com

Quote Originally Posted by backtrail540 View Post
    I've got a question in the same vane. I'm going to be ordering a px4 compact carry holster soon. I want a full guard and am not sure that I will stick with the stealth levers or opt for a set with more of a shelf. If I go with the regular px4 compact holster is there enough built in room for say the 92 style levers or is it only molded for the factory levers only? I can't see any other outside differences in the compact carry and the regular compact to make a difference other than the levers but figured I would ask here before ordering.
    backtrail540, there enough room built in for the 92 levers, but let me know in the comments and I can make sure. Thanks
    sales@jmcustomkydex.com

Quote Originally Posted by LOKNLOD View Post
    You do have to adjust the retention a little bit between the 2 guns , I just verified fit of my compact carry and fullsize. Needed to loosen the retention a bit for the compact. Thanks
    sales@jmcustomkydex.com

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Mayer View Post
    LOKNLOD, yes it does!
    Apologies for the necro, but do I understand correctly that the, "PX4 Carry/Compact Carry (LONG)" fits the full-size Px4?

I ask because I do not see any options for the full-size Px4.

Thanks!
    And remember when demons and beasts cast their darkness, you have God's love - and Browning's wrath - to guide you.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by MountainRaven View Post
    Apologies for the necro, but do I understand correctly that the, "PX4 Carry/Compact Carry (LONG)" fits the full-size Px4?

I ask because I do not see any options for the full-size Px4.

Thanks!
    If the PX4 Full has the low profile controls like an LTT PX4 Carry (full size)

User Tag List