Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Current State of the RDS for Carbines

Opinions on the Trijicon MRO?
    "The victor is not victorious if the vanquished does not consider himself so."
    ― Ennius

Supporting Business CS Tactical's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by rjohnson4405 View Post
    I didn't want to derail this, but my understanding is this only happened after years of reports from soldiers in the field that there were issues that EO Tech ignored/denied. But I'm far from a direct source, just what I understand.
    To play Devil's Advocate as well, there was a polymer handgun manufacturer (I've bought 15 of them in my life and is my defensive handguns) that also had problems in the past like the "Voluntary Upgrade", "Phase 3 Malfunction" among others but got through those issues.
    Last edited by CS Tactical; 08-30-2017 at 02:05 PM.
    CS Tactical
    For the best pricing on Optics please PM or call 916.670.1103
    Dealer for Zero Compromise, Tangent Theta, Leupold,
    Nightforce, MDT, Vortex, XLR Industries and more...
    www.cstactical.com

Site Supporter
    From military.com:

Late last year, L-3 Communications Holdings Inc. -- the parent company of EOTech -- agreed to pay $25.6 million to settle a lawsuit that accuses the defense firm of knowingly selling the U.S. military and government agencies optics that failed in extreme temperatures and humid weather conditions.

http://www.military.com/daily-news/2...ve-sights.html

Changing topics...

It looks like Taran Tactical bunch is using the Trijicon MRO. Anyone know much about that optic? Are they using it because:sponsor or because:best?

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by CS Tactical View Post
    to play Devil's Advocate as well, there was a polymer handgun manufacturer (I've bought 15 of them in my life and is my defensive handguns) that also had problems in the past like the "Voluntary Upgrade", "Phase 3 Malfunction" among others but got through those issues.
    No doubt. I don't like EO Tech that much so it's much easier for me to justify avoiding them. I can't say I'm going to avoid all Sig products since I'm a fan, so probably hypocritical on my part.

Supporting Business CS Tactical's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by rob_s View Post
    Changing topics...

It looks like Taran Tactical bunch is using the Trijicon MRO. Anyone know much about that optic? Are they using it because:sponsor or because:best?
    Trijicon is one of their sponsors, but it seems to be liked by some. The slight magnification from it annoys me personally and under certain conditions off center it's possible to have a double image.
    Last edited by CS Tactical; 08-30-2017 at 02:37 PM.
    CS Tactical
    For the best pricing on Optics please PM or call 916.670.1103
    Dealer for Zero Compromise, Tangent Theta, Leupold,
    Nightforce, MDT, Vortex, XLR Industries and more...
    www.cstactical.com

Changing topics...

TTI is in bed with Trijicon. Taran even used the VCOG for a commercial even though he HATED IT. I put no faith in rockstars or their opinions, unless they can support them without using words such as "I think" and "I once saw" and "it's my opinion that...."

Quote Originally Posted by Unobtanium View Post
    TTI is in bed with Trijicon. Taran even used the VCOG for a commercial even though he HATED IT. I put no faith in rockstars or their opinions, unless they can support them without using words such as "I think" and "I once saw" and "it's my opinion that...."
    Clearly. And I'm not so stupid as to think that "well they are paid to perform so it must be the best", but at the same time they are paid to win so they can't use products that just flat out don't perform.

I tend to like to look for the ubiquitous. If everyone shooting PCC is using one optic, or one of two optics, then that should be a clue, especially considering that only a very few are actually sponsored by an optic company.

That said, this was all mostly a way to get to a discussion about the optic itself rather than the person using it.

So, anyone have thoughts on the MRO relative to the other RDS on the market?

Clearly. And I'm not so stupid as to think that "well they are paid to perform so it must be the best", but at the same time they are paid to win so they can't use products that just flat out don't perform.

I tend to like to look for the ubiquitous. If everyone shooting PCC is using one optic, or one of two optics, then that should be a clue, especially considering that only a very few are actually sponsored by an optic company.

That said, this was all mostly a way to get to a discussion about the optic itself rather than the person using it.

I REALLY wanted to like it because of the price, but the slight magnification messes with me too much. My T1 has no issue, the MRO is like looking through a fish eye lens for me.

A number of my buddies are using the MRO on PCC a rifles in USPSA. Compared to the C-More, it is better in the rain, has better battery life, holds zero better, while still giving quite a bit of display for a relatively small frame. My number two PCC has the MRO. My favorite is the Leupold LCO, which has an even bigger display. Max Leograndis, PCC national champion, uses the LCO and refers to it as the "Swarovski of red dots."
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

User Tag List