Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Current State of the RDS for Carbines

Quote Originally Posted by CS Tactical View Post
    Some relevant information on the current EOTech models:
    "By now you have probably heard many things about thermal drift and parallax as it relates to EOTECH HWS. Truth is, all optics experience both of these to some extent. We believe that an educated shooter is a better shooter, and recognize that this information coming directly from EOTECH may be considered bias.

If you are looking for an unsolicited and unbiased review on the subject, we would encourage you to check out this video review by Garand Thumb. He accurately describes these issues, where EOTECH stacks up, and how they relate to similar products.

If you find the video informative, we also included a the link to the parallax study done by Green Eye Tactical that is mentioned in the video." - EOTech​

Green Eye Tactical Study:
    https://www.greeneyetactical.com/201...ight-parallax/

Garand Thumb Video:

With their mail in rebate and discount through us, it's hard to beat IMO.

https://www.cstactical.com/eotech.aspx
    EOTECH products eligible for the rebate program include:
    $75 rebate – HWS, HHS, G33
    $125 rebate – Vudu 1-6X
    $175 rebate – Vudu 2.5-10X or 3.5-18X

EOTECH Launches Summer Savings Consumer Rebate
    EOTECH is proud to announce the launch of a consumer mail-in rebate program on its holographic weapon sights, magnifiers, and Vudu rifle scopes. For a limited time, consumers will be able to submit rebate claims for up to $175.00 in savings when they purchase a limit of two qualifying products per rebate category. The rebate period begins July 15th and will run through November 30th of 2017.

Once the purchase has been made, there are two easy ways for your customer to register the rebate claim:
    Submit the information online at http://eotech.rebateaccess.com or
    Download and mail in a printed copy of the completed rebate form from www.eotechinc.com.
    Saw that video, found it interesting. For this non-LEO/non-MIL civilian with astigmatism the EXPS2-0 looks attractive. I might have to go look through one to see if it plays nice with my eyes.

Sent from mah smertfone using tapathingy

Supporting Business CS Tactical's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by spinmove_ View Post
    Saw that video, found it interesting. For this non-LEO/non-MIL civilian with astigmatism the EXPS2-0 looks attractive. I might have to go look through one to see if it plays nice with my eyes.

Astigmatism is why I'm deciding to dump my T-2 for for an EXPS 3-0, I've been debating it back and forth and I'm 99% sure as of right now.
    CS Tactical
    For the best pricing on Optics please PM or call 916.670.1103
    Dealer for Zero Compromise, Tangent Theta, Leupold,
    Nightforce, MDT, Vortex, XLR Industries and more...
    www.cstactical.com

being that I'm acronym-averse...

The HWS would be the EXPS, and so would have a $75 rebate?

What's the EXPS2 vs EXPS2-0?

It's also probably worth mentioning that for a lot of people it's irrelevant whether Eotech fixed the issue as they were largely seen to have been unscrupulous in their business practices and many people are unwilling to ever go back to them.

I'm not entirely sure I'm not one of those people myself.

Quote Originally Posted by rob_s View Post

It's also probably worth mentioning that for a lot of people it's irrelevant whether Eotech fixed the issue as they were largely seen to have been unscrupulous in their business practices and many people are unwilling to ever go back to them.

EXPS2-0 simply means the EXPS2 sight with the -0 reticle option. -0 reticle option being just the 1MOA dot and 65 MOA circle. Other revisions have more dots in the reticle.

Yes, EOTech/L3 communications has shown to have dubious business practices in the past. That doesn't sit well with me either. Playing Devil's advocate for a second, they did acknowledge the issue and consequently fix it, and thus far, fixed it pretty well. They also did a full-on and straight-up recall and offered a buy back to their customers, which IMHO, is better than some other companies that have handled their more recent blunders.

EXPS2-0 simply means the EXPS2 sight with the -0 reticle option. -0 reticle option being just the 1MOA dot and 65 MOA circle. Other revisions have more dots in the reticle.
    Got it. So 2 MOA dot on the 2 and 1 MOA dot with 65 MOA ring on 2-0.

Site Supporter

Yes, EOTech/L3 communications has shown to have dubious business practices in the past. That doesn't sit well with me either. Playing Devil's advocate for a second, they did acknowledge the issue and consequently fix it, and thus far, fixed it pretty well. They also did a full-on and straight-up recall and offered a buy back to their customers, which IMHO, is better than some other companies that have handled their more recent blunders.
    I didn't want to derail this, but my understanding is this only happened after years of reports from soldiers in the field that there were issues that EO Tech ignored/denied. But I'm far from a direct source, just what I understand.

The first model listed EOT-EXPS2-2 has one center aiming dot plus one below and EOT-EXPS2-0 has one.
    Last edited by CS Tactical; 08-30-2017 at 02:05 PM.
    CS Tactical
    www.cstactical.com

Our site needs work (and a new guy to maintain it) but here's pics of the reticles on Eotech's site:
    http://www.eotechinc.com/holographic...ts/model-exps2
    CS Tactical
    www.cstactical.com

Not quite.

EXPS2-0 - 1 MOA dot with 65 MOA ring

EXPS2-1 - 1 MOA dot in the center, 1 MOA dot below that for ranging, 65 MOA ring

EXPS2-2 - 1 MOA dot in the center, 2 1 MOA dots below that for ranging, 65 MOA ring

Quote Originally Posted by rjohnson4405 View Post
    I didn't want to derail this, but my understanding is this only happened after years of reports from soldiers in the field that there were issues that EO Tech ignored/denied. But I'm far from a direct source, just what I understand.
    I have no idea, but might be true. I'd be interested to hear exactly what happened.

User Tag List