Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Current State of the RDS for Carbines

I really like the TA44 mini acog I have on my Beretta ARX. As my eyes have aged red dots are now amorphous blobs and the etched reticle is very clear and sharp. I'm hoping trijicon makes an led version.

Quote Originally Posted by rob_s View Post
    What about the fullsize?
    I don't have any experience with that one, but I've been impressed with other PA optics. I've got the regular micro and the 1-6 scope. Both have been worth the money. If you're looking for a M2 sized optic, the Vortex Strikefire is a good one from what I've seen. A couple buddies have them.

I'm seriously considering the Vortex Sparc AR for an AR pistol/brace build I'm slowly putting together.
    Last edited by Lon; 08-23-2017 at 09:14 PM.
    Formerly known as xpd54.
    The opinions expressed in this post are my own and do not reflect the opinions or policies of my employer.
    www.gunsnobbery.wordpress.com

Site Supporter
    Is there any difference in light gathering ability or low light performance between the 30 mm optics and the micro optics?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Any legal information I may post is general information, and is not legal advice. Such information may or may not apply to your specific situation. I am not your attorney unless an attorney-client relationship is separately and privately established.

Supporting Business CS Tactical's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BillSWPA View Post
    Is there any difference in light gathering ability or low light performance between the 30 mm optics and the micro optics?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You're not really looking through the tube, you're looking past it focusing on the target/threat while putting the red dot where you'd like the vicinity of the bullet. Just a rough explanation before I take off for the night
    CS Tactical
    For the best pricing on Optics please PM or call 916.670.1103
    Dealer for Zero Compromise, Tangent Theta, Leupold,
    Nightforce, MDT, Vortex, XLR Industries and more...
    www.cstactical.com

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by CS Tactical View Post
    You're not really looking through the tube, you're looking past it focusing on the target/threat while putting the red dot where you'd like the vicinity of the bullet. Just a rough explanation before I take off for the night
    You still have to see through the glass to see where the dot lies.

Not sure about the naked eye, but I've been told that there is significant difference between the Aimpoint Micros and the EOTechs under NODs (when used in a back-up capacity, when lasers go down or are inappropriate), with the Micros not allowing enough transmission in that role compared to the EOTechs; not sure about how full-sized Aimpoints stack up.

You still have to see through the glass to see where the dot lies.
    Outside of what's mentioned below, I do not know of any condition where this has been an issue. Hell I keep my T2 with the black front flip cover on with the brightness set just above mid brightness which would allow me to see the dot quickly regardless of the lighting conditions.

Quote Originally Posted by Default.mp3 View Post
    Not sure about the naked eye, but I've been told that there is significant difference between the Aimpoint Micros and the EOTechs under NODs (when used in a back-up capacity, when lasers go down or are inappropriate), with the Micros not allowing enough transmission in that role compared to the EOTechs; not sure about how full-sized Aimpoints stack up.
    This I do not know about personally and I'd need to ask others.
    CS Tactical
    www.cstactical.com

Quote Originally Posted by Default.mp3 View Post
    I have used a T1 with a helmet-mounted PVS-14. Works fine.
    “There is no growth in the comfort zone.”--Jocko Willink
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie

I'm sure I'll be in the minority, but I do like my EXPS3 that's on one of my 16" ARs. With that said, I'm not law enforcement, not military, and this rifle is primarily for range use/training. It's not my go-to AR. But man is this optic fast. Big fan of the Eotech for under 200Y shooting. I've got an Aimpoint on my "go-to" AR and I've also got a 1-5 variable on my other AR. The 1-5 has the most practicality, as I can go 5-500Y (600 on a really good day) with good ammo, whereas the limiting factor with the other two options is my eyesight. Differentiating small partial targets past ~150-200Y gets tricky, and if there's a partial past ~250Y I'm really wanting a variable scope. Just depends what you're looking for. There's no best; as with anything it's impossible to quantify "best." Pick the "best" for your uses and rock on.
    Shoot more, post less...

Some relevant information on the current EOTech models:
    "By now you have probably heard many things about thermal drift and parallax as it relates to EOTECH HWS. Truth is, all optics experience both of these to some extent. We believe that an educated shooter is a better shooter, and recognize that this information coming directly from EOTECH may be considered bias.

If you are looking for an unsolicited and unbiased review on the subject, we would encourage you to check out this video review by Garand Thumb. He accurately describes these issues, where EOTECH stacks up, and how they relate to similar products.

If you find the video informative, we also included a the link to the parallax study done by Green Eye Tactical that is mentioned in the video." - EOTech​

Green Eye Tactical Study:
    https://www.greeneyetactical.com/201...ight-parallax/

Garand Thumb Video:

With their mail in rebate and discount through us, it's hard to beat IMO.

https://www.cstactical.com/eotech.aspx
    EOTECH products eligible for the rebate program include:
    $75 rebate – HWS, HHS, G33
    $125 rebate – Vudu 1-6X
    $175 rebate – Vudu 2.5-10X or 3.5-18X

EOTECH Launches Summer Savings Consumer Rebate
    EOTECH is proud to announce the launch of a consumer mail-in rebate program on its holographic weapon sights, magnifiers, and Vudu rifle scopes. For a limited time, consumers will be able to submit rebate claims for up to $175.00 in savings when they purchase a limit of two qualifying products per rebate category. The rebate period begins July 15th and will run through November 30th of 2017.

Once the purchase has been made, there are two easy ways for your customer to register the rebate claim:
    Submit the information online at http://eotech.rebateaccess.com or
    Download and mail in a printed copy of the completed rebate form from www.eotechinc.com.
    CS Tactical
    www.cstactical.com

User Tag List