Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast

Thread: Current State of the RDS for Carbines

Supporting Business CS Tactical's Avatar
    Or you can call us for pricing as well, we offer Scalarwork and ADM mounts. Manufacturers like mentioned above can make bundles like that on their site while dealers are stuck with MAP unfortunately, but you can always call and ask what we can do for you.
    CS Tactical
    For the best pricing on Optics please PM or call 916.670.1103
    Dealer for Zero Compromise, Tangent Theta, Leupold,
    Nightforce, MDT, Vortex, XLR Industries and more...
    www.cstactical.com

Thanks to all for the info/inputs. I'll try to find a T-2 and maybe an M5 to take a look at. H-1 is on the 6960 upper now, hope to get it to the range soon.

Eyes are so unique. My father cannot use a K16i, but he can tear it up with a 2 decade old Aimpoint Comp M2 with moon dust still on it from OIF.

Some people love the VCOG, it literally gave me a headache.
    Some people hate the MK6, I liked it as much or better than the K16i.

Try before you buy, no-matter how sexy it is on the forum/review/youtube channel.

Quote Originally Posted by Unobtanium View Post
    Eyes are so unique. My father cannot use a K16i, but he can tear it up with a 2 decade old Aimpoint Comp M2 with moon dust still on it from OIF.

Some people love the VCOG, it literally gave me a headache.
    Some people hate the MK6, I liked it as much or better than the K16i.

Try before you buy, no-matter how sexy it is on the forum/review/youtube channel.

There is some truth to this, there are some people who have strange eyes out there. Unfortunately there are also some people who also don't know how to set up their optic with the correct eye relief and diopter setting as well.
    CS Tactical
    www.cstactical.com

Quote Originally Posted by CS Tactical View Post
    There is some truth to this, there are some people who have strange eyes out there. Unfortunately there are also some people who also don't know how to set up their optic with the correct eye relief and diopter setting as well.
    I know you're not sniping at me, but I tried hard to make the VCOG work. Somehow my K16i and MK6 "worked" great regarding true unity/diopter/lack of shift with mag change. This makes me refuse to accept blame for the VCOG. With 20/10 vision and lack of astigmatism, I point squarely at the VCOG.

Quote Originally Posted by Unobtanium View Post
    I know you're not sniping at me, but I tried hard to make the VCOG work. Somehow my K16i and MK6 "worked" great regarding true unity/diopter/lack of shift with mag change. This makes me refuse to accept blame for the VCOG. With 20/10 vision and lack of astigmatism, I point squarely at the VCOG.

Oh absolutely not, I'm talking about our actual experience with customers. Sorry if it seems like I was poking at you.
    CS Tactical
    www.cstactical.com

Quote Originally Posted by CS Tactical View Post
    Oh absolutely not, I'm talking about our actual experience with customers. Sorry if it seems like I was poking at you.
    No, I meant my post sincerely. I tried so hard to like it. what's not to like, if it were actually good? The glass resolution was pretty solid, the mounting system annoyed some precision guys but I LOVED It. I really wanted to like it so bad.

I’m in need of a new rds for my pcc. The gun is suppressed so I can’t use it for games, but I like to keep it around for potential varmints larger than coons and possums.

The optic doesn’t need to be robust in terms of abuse, necessarily, but it does need to function if I zero it and don’t pull it out of the safe again for 6 months or a year. I. Also hoping to get into it for <$200 if possible. And I’m think g I’d prefer a 30mm tube over a micro just because it’s likely to be used at night and I find the larger tube easier to acquire the dot.

So what’s the new hotness?

The gun Curren,ty wears a ~20 year old diamond reticule eotech that’s not working (which may just be a battery issue, but at that vintage I’m Just going to keep having battery issues).

Quote Originally Posted by rob_s View Post
    I’m in need of a new rds for my pcc. The gun is suppressed so I can’t use it for games, but I like to keep it around for potential varmints larger than coons and possums.

The optic doesn’t need to be robust in terms of abuse, necessarily, but it does need to function if I zero it and don’t pull it out of the safe again for 6 months or a year. I. Also hoping to get into it for <$200 if possible. And I’m think g I’d prefer a 30mm tube over a micro just because it’s likely to be used at night and I find the larger tube easier to acquire the dot.

The gun Curren,ty wears a ~20 year old diamond reticule eotech that’s not working (which may just be a battery issue, but at that vintage I’m Just going to keep having battery issues).
    Used Aimpoint ACO is probably exactly what you want. It'll be a little more expensive but it checks pretty much all your other boxes.

Quote Originally Posted by rob_s View Post

In that price range with a 30mm tube, you're probably looking at a Holosun or Primary Arms. I'm thinking about picking up one of these, https://www.amazon.com/HOLOSUN-HS406.../dp/B074DXSDS5 my youngest has a little trouble picking up the dot with the Primary Arms advanced micro on her M&P 15/22. Holosun and Primary Arms aren't Aimpoint quality, but they ain't Aimpoint price either and I've had good luck with the ones I've bought. The first PA micro lived on an Ultimak on my AK for several months and it never missed a beat.

User Tag List