Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: What's the consensus on Windham Weaponry ARs today?

Don't bother for duty usage.

The Colt 6920 Trooper is hard to beat. I've seen the Trooper go for as low as $712.95 on line. I have no issue using the MagPul MBUS on a duty rifle. Look for a sale on an Aimpoint PRO. YOu're finished rifle might be a bit over $1,000.00. But you'll be close. And you'll have a Patrol Rifle that you can trust...

Our state Fish & Wildlife Game Wardens were issued Windham Weaponry rifles. I've heard only negative things so far from the guys I'm friends with. Mostly the stuff Ash already listed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    My posts only represent my personal opinion and do not necessarily reflect the opinions or official policies of any employer, past or present. Obvious spelling errors are likely the result of an iPhone keyboard.

Quote Originally Posted by Beat Trash View Post
    Don't bother for duty usage.

The Colt 6920 Trooper is hard to beat. I've seen the Trooper go for as low as $712.95 on line. I have no issue using the MagPul MBUS on a duty rifle. Look for a sale on an Aimpoint PRO. YOu're finished rifle might be a bit over $1,000.00. But you'll be close. And you'll have a Patrol Rifle that you can trust...
    https://gun.deals/search/apachesolr_...604?upc_only=1

I'm pretty loyal to the Colt LE6920. Never had an issue in Iraq or the range over here. IMO you simply can't beat a Colt for value.
    This country needs an enema- Blues approved sig line

If you are looking for a ~$500 AR15. S&W M&P Sport II is the one to get. Pretty much every other one out there has something that makes it a non-starter for anything other than a plinker. Now if someone only wanted a range toy AR than pretty much anything is fine but even then there's no reason not to get the S&W. I've seen them on sale lately under $500 so not only are they better quality than rifles in that price range, they're often less expensive too. The handguards don't have heat shields though so you're going to want to upgrade those first thing. Magpul handguards are about $30 and give you mounting options for accessories.

Modding this sack of shit BehindBlueI's's Avatar
    So the consensus is they are good to go and not to spend any more money on useless over-buying? Awesome, thanks for confirming that for me.

Ok, ok, Windham is out. Our range armorer said that he's been seeing issues on the S&W M&P II lately with poor quality barrels leading to keyholing.

Quote Originally Posted by scw2 View Post
    BBI not sure if these are in stock still but would be a tad over 700 and only require an optic. https://www.gundeals.com/colt-le6920...rked-5-56-nato

If they're OoS can keep my eyes open for deals that pop up.
    AH, yeah, I remember when Tom posted some of those were on gunbroker not too long ago. Assuming I'm fine with a fixed front sight post (and I am...is there any reason to not be) and I like that style grip (and I do) is there any compelling reason NOT to buy that one over the Trooper?

Smith & Wesson M&P Sport II for $430 w/free shipping

http://www.combatarmory.com/smith-an...free-shipping/
    The path of least resistance will seldom get you where you need to be.

Disregard
    Last edited by David S.; 08-23-2017 at 01:25 PM.
    David S.

Quote Originally Posted by BehindBlueI's View Post
    is there any compelling reason NOT to buy that one over the Trooper?
    Based on a quick google search, the most obvious difference is the (free float?) mlok handguard, which could be a plus or minus for you. If the Trooper version comes with BUIS so that would be an added expense for you.

Quote Originally Posted by BehindBlueI's View Post
    So the consensus is they are good to go and not to spend any more money on useless over-buying? Awesome, thanks for confirming that for me.

Ok, ok, Windham is out. Our range armorer said that he's been seeing issues on the S&W M&P II lately with poor quality barrels leading to keyholing.

AH, yeah, I remember when Tom posted some of those were on gunbroker not too long ago. Assuming I'm fine with a fixed front sight post (and I am...is there any reason to not be) and I like that style grip (and I do) is there any compelling reason NOT to buy that one over the Trooper?
    Short answer, No.

Buy this, add a light and a RDS and you're set.

User Tag List