Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Trijicon he vs I dot pro

Trijicon Hd vs I dot pro

Looking for opinions on these two for a g26. Currently have the I dot pro's but not really all the enamored with these. Cant seem to keep my groups all that tight, (it's likely me) really shot it better with the crappy stock sights but would prefer to have the ns option. Have them on my shield and really like them but just something about them on my glock that is making think I should try the trijicon hd's. My 26 is not my main carry gun (g19 rmr ) but I do find myself carrying the 26 more in the hot summer months.

So what are your thoughts between these two sight options for the 26?
    Last edited by Dismas316; 08-22-2017 at 09:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dismas316 View Post
    Looking for opinions on these two for a g26. Currently have the I dot pro's but not really all the enamored with these. Cant seem to keep my groups all that tight, (it's likely me) really shot it better with the crappy stock sights but would prefer to have the ns option. Have them on my shield and really like them but just something about them on my glock that is making think I should try the trijicon hd's. My 26 is not my main carry gun (g19 rmr ) but I do find myself carrying the 26 more in the hot summer months.

So what are your thoughts between these two sight options for the 26?
    Whats better a Ford or Chevy? of course it's a Toyota..... Seriously though I like the I dot Pros, they work for me, I think it boils down to personal preference.

I believe Voodoman did a review on various sights, I do not remember exactly which ones.

Yeah I know, pretty subjective, but I guess I'm looking for some pros and any cons on the hd's. Probably should have asked that question. I like the sight picture on them with the u notch but they are pretty expense to "just try". I'll dheck out voodoo's review, forgot about his site.

Edit: read his review and his opinion is pretty helpful on these.
    Last edited by Dismas316; 08-23-2017 at 08:13 AM.

If you like the two dot concept of the I-Dots, then you might want to look at the Warren Tactical sights. They utilize the same two dot system but the sight picture is subjectively more distinct to my eyes with the front tritium dot being more prominent and different colored than the rear when you are relying on the tritium illumination at night.
    Name:  IMG_4131.jpg
Views: 478
Size:  23.5 KB
    I have owned both the I-Dot Pros and the Warren Tactical sight sets, and ultimately gave the I-Dots to a friend. I'm not a fan of the Tijicon HDs, but that's just me. I don't like the U-notch, and the front sight is too wide (haven't yet had a chance to look through the new HD's with the narrow front...).
    Last edited by LJP; 08-23-2017 at 08:21 AM. Reason: spelling

Yeah I know, pretty subjective, but I guess I'm looking for some pros and any cons on the hd's. Probably should have asked that question. I like the sight picture on them with the u notch but they are pretty expense to "just try". I'll dheck out voodoo's review, forgot about his site.

Edit: read his review and his opinion is pretty helpful on these.
    Thanks for checking it out.

As you may have seen already in the review, they are good sights, but are about $50+ more than some of Ameriglo's offerings and they do not offer anything better in any tangible sense and do really offer somethings worse (like lack of POA/POI point of ledge).

Which Pro-I dots do you have? If you have the .140, get the .125 and see if those work better for you in terms of accuracy based groups.

As I noted in the review (and have posted on this topic repeatedly) you should try Defoor all black sights. I recommend painting the front sight a different color for contrast (usually white first, then neon green or yellow - use standard nail polish). They are the best "accuracy" sights for general use which can be CCW'd.
    VDMSR.com
    Chief Developer for V Development Group
    Everything I post I do so as a private individual who is not representing any company or organization.

Quote Originally Posted by voodoo_man View Post
    Thanks for checking it out.

As you may have seen already in the review, they are good sights, but are about $50+ more than some of Ameriglo's offerings and they do not offer anything better in any tangible sense and do really offer somethings worse (like lack of POA/POI point of ledge).

Which Pro-I dots do you have? If you have the .140, get the .125 and see if those work better for you in terms of accuracy based groups.

As I noted in the review (and have posted on this topic repeatedly) you should try Defoor all black sights. I recommend painting the front sight a different color for contrast (usually white first, then neon green or yellow - use standard nail polish). They are the best "accuracy" sights for general use which can be CCW'd.
    Thanks for the suggestion and may do just that. I do have the .140. My issue with my aging eyes, the orange dot has been really good from just an overall ability to pick up the front site quickly. Not sure I would be able to see the defoor sights very well but your suggestion to paint is probably a good idea. Although in looking at thier site it looks like the have one with the orange dot that is the standard .165 height but a thin .120 width. That might be an option.

Thanks for the suggestion and may do just that. I do have the .140. My issue with my aging eyes, the orange dot has been really good from just an overall ability to pick up the front site quickly. Not sure I would be able to see the defoor sights very well but your suggestion to paint is probably a good idea. Although in looking at thier site it looks like the have one with the orange dot that is the standard .165 height but a thin .120 width. That might be an option.
    I know from personal experience the Defoor all blacks with and without tritium front dot are the most accurate for me, out of all the sights I have used, I always find myself going back to them.

If your eyes are the issue then I'd recommend finding someone local to you who has an RMR'd pistol and try that out. While I do not personally recommend anyone use an RMR'd pistol for concealed carry, if you can no longer see the front sight post and corrective surgery is not an option for you as well as glasses don't help anymore in this particular arena, then I'd recommend you try out an optic mounted pistol. It may solve whatever issue you may have with using a pistol effectively, but it is a pretty deep rabbit hole. Just food for thought.
    VDMSR.com
    Everything I post I do so as a private individual who is not representing any company or organization.

Trijicon HD's work great, but the sharp rear sight is a major con for them. They will tear up clothing and skin pretty easily. When they were the only viable HD type option it was worth the trade off, but the newer high vis offerings from Ameriglo are much better in this regard.

VM, I've had that exact thought. That likely will be my longer term solution for the 26 but not quite yet. My current edc is my g19 w/rmr and that has made a pretty big difference. That said, I still can function pretty well without an optic so the times where I carry the 26 at this point not sure I need to invest in the rmr. It's not that I can't really see the front site, just picking up quickly is just easier plus.

Do you find the thinner front site gives you more accuaracy? I had also looked at the hd xr sights but read in a few review the the poa/poi was off quite a bit because the front post was so much higher than the rear site and didn't really line up properly. I shoot a the new cz p10 and one of the things I did like was the smaller front site. not sure what the size were on those but they seemed thinner than my .140 ameriglo.

VM, I've had that exact thought. That likely will be my longer term solution for the 26 but not quite yet. My current edc is my g19 w/rmr and that has made a pretty big difference. That said, I still can function pretty well without an optic so the times where I carry the 26 at this point not sure I need to invest in the rmr. It's not that I can't really see the front site, just picking up quickly is just easier plus.

Do you find the thinner front site gives you more accuaracy? I had also looked at the hd xr sights but read in a few review the the poa/poi was off quite a bit because the front post was so much higher than the rear site and didn't really line up properly. I shoot a the new cz p10 and one of the things I did like was the smaller front site. not sure what the size were on those but they seemed thinner than my .140 ameriglo.
    If you don't want to commit to milling a slide and whatnot look into the dueck defense rbu. It works well for what it is, just make sure you follow the instructions.

For me, thinner sights work exceedingly well over thicker sights for accuracy at distance. I've done the training and followed my numbers on various drills, and it's pretty obvious for me at least.
    VDMSR.com

User Tag List