Thread: DCAEK work in South Florida

DCAEK work in South Florida

I want the DCAEK in my M&P9 fs. Where in South Florida can I get this done? I'd rather not ship it off for the work. I live in West Palm Beach, and anything in a radius of 50 miles or so would be appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by oboe View Post
    I want the DCAEK in my M&P9 fs. Where in South Florida can I get this done? I'd rather not ship it off for the work. I live in West Palm Beach, and anything in a radius of 50 miles or so would be appreciated.
    It's really not that hard to do yourself. I think the time involved is less than finding someone to do it, getting the gun there, and getting it back. Apex's videos show you exactly what to do.

That may be, but I'd still rather have it done a person in the business, so I still want to find that person or business in South Florida east side of state.

Quote Originally Posted by oboe View Post
    None of the local gunshops you've been to have 'smiths? That's odd...
    Mike

My late father and my elder son have earned their livings using their hands and doing mechanical things. Not I. There are some activities I have done and am highly capable of doing very well. However, I'm an all thumbs do-it-yourself-er with mechanical things, and with something as important as gun work [except for cleaning, etc] I'd just feel more comfortable with an actual gunsmith doing the work. I'll bet I'm not the only shooter new to hand gun shooting who feels that way.

While north Florida has tons of smiths, south Florida has fewer - and a number of the so-called "gunsmiths" who advertise as such refuse to install the DCAEK or do much of anything with triggers.

There's a gun shop very nearby that can do it, but their charge is way too high. There's a great place not so far away that I wanted to use, but their gunsmith has been so busy that management has prohibited him from taking any calls until next week so he can catch up on his work. I was hoping to find a place less busy, but I'll most likely use that shop - so, problem solved.

Oboe,

I live in Delray and i would be happy to do it for you. Cost will be up to you, tip me if you'd like but other than that, no charge.

I dont know if this forum has a PM feature, if it does, PM me, otherwise, we will make arrangements to get in touch.

Quote Originally Posted by Magsz View Post
    Oboe,

I live in Delray and i would be happy to do it for you. Cost will be up to you, tip me if you'd like but other than that, no charge.

I dont know if this forum has a PM feature, if it does, PM me, otherwise, we will make arrangements to get in touch.
    Very kind of you to offer, Magsz. I will try to pm you.

I have pm'd you. I just clicked on your name and chose private message.

Give Ben a call over at Boresight Solutions. Great guy and outstanding work: 305-439-2662. The only downside is, once you see the other work he does, you might leave with a whole lot more than just a DCAEK

lawdogx, are you by any chance in the "law business"? Just asking'

Bore Sight is in Miami, and no doubt they're good, but they also are not very near. I believe that I've found a nearby source - but thanks for the input! When I have business or pleasure in Miami [and from time to time I have both], I'll look them up!

User Tag List