Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Looking for another EDC

Looking for another EDC

Hello forum members! I'm new here. I currently have an m&p 9c as my edc with a beretta 92fs and 1911 as range and sometime carry guns (rarely).
    I have been researching and watching youtube videos for a few months now. A few firearms I have researched are the beretta px4 compact, canik tp9sf elite, sig p320c and a few others.
    My question to you, more knowledgeable guys, is what firearms in a $300 - $500 price range would you recommend I take a serious look at?

Thanks in advance
    Last edited by vilacr; 08-28-2017 at 09:28 PM.

I see you're new. Have you seen this thread?

https://pistol-forum.com/showthread....DA-SA-Glock-19

The S&W SD may be another worthy option https://pistol-forum.com/showthread....nd-test-thread

I know some people hate Glocks, but at this point, a Glock 19 Gen 4 is a pretty hard gun to beat for what you describe for a variety of reasons ranging from reliability and shootability to size to logistical benefits. It's on the high end of your range but if you look you could probably find one in the $499ish range. If you are LE or military, they can be had for $398 + tax at a blue label dealer.

What are you finding lacking in the M&p?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by JTQ View Post
    I see you're new. Have you seen this thread?

https://pistol-forum.com/showthread....DA-SA-Glock-19
    Just read quite a few pages in that thread. I have held the px4 compact and the trigger feels similar to my 92 which is why i'm considering it.

Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by VT1032 View Post
    I know some people hate Glocks, but at this point, a Glock 19 Gen 4 is a pretty hard gun to beat for what you describe for a variety of reasons ranging from reliability and shootability to size to logistical benefits. It's on the high end of your range but if you look you could probably find one in the $499ish range. If you are LE or military, they can be had for $398 + tax at a blue label dealer.
    Never really cared for the glock grip angle.

Quote Originally Posted by 125 mph View Post
    What are you finding lacking in the M&p?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I'm mainly looking for an extra carry firearm to change up from time to time. I like my m&p 9c.
    I like the feel of the canik elite and the DA trigger on the px4 compact.

I would pick a carry gun that has the features that you like. Then I would buy a second version of your carry gun. Take the second gun and attempt to wear it out from training and practice of what you have learned from training.

Based on your choices, the PX4 would clearly be my pick.

User Tag List