Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Revolversmith

Marc Morganti at Gemini Custom does excellent work on Ruger revolvers. (He started offering work on S&W revolvers too, a few years ago.)

He's done three Ruger SP101s for me, and a GP100.

While most of his offerings are "packages", with specific features, it wouldn't hurt to ask if he would perform whatever it is you need.
    "Therefore, since the world has still... Much good, but much less good than ill,
    And while the sun and moon endure, Luck's a chance, but trouble's sure,
    I'd face it as a wise man would, And train for ill and not for good." -- A.E. Housman

Bill Laughridge's crew at Cylinder and Slide still work on Smiths, Rugers, and Colts.

Quote Originally Posted by SAWBONES View Post
    Marc Morganti at Gemini Custom ... While most of his offerings are "packages", with specific features, it wouldn't hurt to ask if he would perform whatever it is you need.
    The one time I was there (years ago) he said he was willing to do things like trigger jobs and such, but that the shipping had made things so expensive the emphasis moved to the packages.

Chiming in to note that I have a Denny Reichard-tuned model 64 (tecnically, an NY-1) and he did a fantastic job on every aspect of the tune.

Objectively better than a C&S model 10 that I had.

FWIW.

I highly recommend my 'smith, Ricky Barbour, who has a one-man shop, Maverick Gunworks, in Mebane, NC. He will work on anything, but his favorite is doing S&W trigger jobs. The results are excellent. I have my 625 getting worked over by him now so it doesn't feel "unshootable" compared to my 17 and my 640 pro that he previously smoothed and lightened, as well as a j-frame for Mom. If you live in the area, I recommend a trip to his shop.

Ricky@maverickgunworks.com

(919)563-0169

He knows I am posting this here, so let him know where you found out about him, I am a high volume customer for him and I can use all the brownie points I can get.
    Last edited by Baldanders; 09-02-2017 at 12:15 PM. Reason: grammar

Quote Originally Posted by willie View Post
    Teddy Jacobsen of Sugarland, Tx has passed away. His website may still be up selling videos and such.
    This turns out to be a helluva surprise for Teddy Jacobsen, who as of today was answering his own phone.

Site Supporter
    He's indeed doing better than I had thought. I'll contact my "impeccable" source and inform him.

Quote Originally Posted by Mas View Post
    This turns out to be a helluva surprise for Teddy Jacobsen, who as of today was answering his own phone.
    Thank God. I was just telling my training partner how much this bummed me out. In addition to doing amazing work, he's a great guy to talk to. You made my night, Mas. I'll be sending Teddy a pistol and some cash.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by willie View Post
    He's indeed doing better than I had thought. I'll contact my "impeccable" source and inform him.
    Willie, don't feel bad. Been there, done that.

Some years ago, several folks at the SHOT Show were commiserating about the untimely death of Reeves Jungkind of Texas DPS, the great PPC shooter and Colt revolversmith. I stupidly took it at face value and mentioned it in one of my columns.

After it came out, I got a phone call...from Reeves Jungkind. I told him how happy I was that he was still alive.

"Yeah," he drawled, "but not as happy as I am."

"Trust, but verify..."

Site Supporter
    Thanks, Mas. By the way, I've been reading your articles for over four decades. Keep'em coming.

User Tag List