Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: 2017 Solar Eclipse

2017 Solar Eclipse

https://eclipse2017.nasa.gov/

Anybody in the path?

We're on the road from Seattle to Coeur d'Alene tomorrow.

May have to turn the lights on in the truck.

Right in the path. Glad I'm on a day off, for several reasons.
    We may lose and we may win, but we will never be here again.......

I've got projects going in Casper, WY and expect nothing productive tomorrow - to the point I suggested they go ahead and work Tues-Sat instead of Mon-Fri this week. I hope shit isn't crazy for them either way.

Meanwhile I'm happy with 85% totality here in OK.
    Last edited by LOKNLOD; 08-20-2017 at 09:54 PM.
    --Josh
    “Formerly we suffered from crimes; now we suffer from laws.” - Tacitus.

Site Supporter
    I'm in the path. The path of the traffic headed to see it, anyway. I-81 Southbound has been totally stupid for the last couple of days. Spillover onto Rt 11 as well. I guess it'll go back to normal tomorrow at some shortly point before the eclipse, then Northbound will go full retard for a couple of days. Eclipse traffic, vacationers, and college traffic have Interstate way beyond capacity.

Supposed to get to 85% here, I've heard. I'll already have my welding shield on, so if / when it gets too dark to weld, I'll just lay back and watch the eclipse through my shield, then when it brightens up again I'll get back to work.

I'm working now and tomorrow night as well. We'll have 90% and I'm waking up early to see it.

Right on the path. So I'm going to Indiana. I will see stuff at Crane that is cooler in my world.
    Ignore Alien Orders

Close enough.

My dad took me to a total solar eclipse when I was five. Taking my four year old son out of school to see the one tomorrow.
    You can get much more of what you want with a kind word and a gun, than with a kind word alone.

In the path of it. Will be working during it, not knowing what to expect traffic or business wise. I made someone do a double take today when they asked if we all had our glasses, and my response was they were selling those glasses to look at the sun. It is a total solar eclipse, so I will look at the moon instead.

Right in the middle of it. I've been hearing that the roads into central OR are the pits with the influx of visitors so I've been staying put.
    "Customer is very particular" -- SIG Sauer

In the path of it as well,although not 100% totality. Which is a good thing,seeing all the troubles towns and cities in the totality zone are having with logistics and security.
    The Minority Marksman.
    "When you meet a swordsman, draw your sword: Do not recite poetry to one who is not a poet."
    -a Ch'an Buddhist axiom.

User Tag List