Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: 2017 Solar Eclipse

Site Supporter
    Southern AZ, so not really. One of my cousins left Friday to take her kids to see it. I thought that was pretty cool, but more for the family trek than anything. I'll check it out, but, not directly. No glasses.

I'm right in the center of it. No court today -- judges closed things down -- so we're assigned to our respective LE agencies to be available to assist them with... something? Gonna be a lot of tourists in my small corner of the world.

I'm close enough to the 100% spot that I'm expecting it to be a total shitshow trying to get home from work today. Speaking of which, I'll be at work when it happens. The weather forecast on the radio just mentioned it may end up being cloudier than they'd hoped for this event, which will be a bummer for the people that spent some exorbitant amounts on lodging to see it if it doesn't clear.

Site Supporter
    It will be about 98+% where i live. Pretty close to totality but not quite enough for safe viewing without the special glasses.

92 percent, supposedly. Got a 10-pack of the glasses; Mrs Sidheshooter and I are headed out to a friend's waterfront place for brunch and solar gazing presently.

I had plans to go up to Tennessee but pulled the plug on it just out of concern for the potential madness and the possibility of a stray cloud blocking the main event after spending all the time and money to get there. ~85% coverage here, so I'm just gonna go home from work in a little bit and watch it from there.

We're fortunate enough to be in the totality path and will be viewing it from our backyard. I took the day off and our kids are home with us.

About the eclipse from Lincoln County Sheriff's Office, Idaho

Excerpts:

"3. We drive trucks, tractors, combines, and swathers on the highway going about our business. They go pretty slow and won't move faster if you sit behind us and honk. In fact, they actually go a bit slower. We live here. You don't. Be patient and enjoy the scenery.[...]
    "6. Our wildlife will kill you and it will hurt the whole time you are dying. Elk, moose, bison, and grizzly bears take great pleasure in playing hacky sack with tourists that get too close."
    " La rose est sans pourquoi, elle fleurit parce qu’elle fleurit ; Elle n’a souci d’elle-même, ne demande pas si on la voit. » Angelus Silesius
    "There are problems in this universe for which there are no answers." Paul Muad'dib

"You can't win a war with choirboys. " Mad Mike Hoare

I drove over to visit friends in Kansas City because they're just a bit south of the path of totality.

User Tag List