Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Judging People by their Political Views

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by rob_s View Post
    My SIL's profile pic, last time I checked, was a picture of my niece holding a "not my president" protest sign. Beyond the idea that I find those kinds of protests distasteful, the fact that they've dragged my <5 year old niece into it is bothersome to me.
    An outsider view....

Teaching your kids how to participate in the political process is a good thing.

I remember when I was a kid, getting dragged into a few things by my parents. Noise abatement (a ridiculous protest against the Concorde landing at JFK), a few environmental issues. I turned out (mostly) ok and able to think for myself.

Oh.. and... I blame Obama for the current state of divide. I'll give blame to Bush 43 for failing to control spending, but Obama was the Great Divider in Chief.
    "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." - Thomas Jefferson, Virginia Constitution, Draft 1, 1776

Quote Originally Posted by SamAdams View Post
    What if a person has stated vehemently that 'guns are bad' and they'll do all they can to help end the 2nd Amendment ? Even if they can tell a good joke at a party and make a great cocktail, would you associate with them ?
    I would associate their ass with my foot.

Quote Originally Posted by BobLoblaw View Post
    I would associate their ass with my foot.
    The particular individual is a woman & I don't hit girls, but she does deserve it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Quote Originally Posted by SamAdams View Post
    The particular individual is a woman & I don't hit girls, but she does deserve it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro
    Truthfully, my comment was more of the "That 70's Show" Red Foreman tongue lashing variety anyways.

Quote Originally Posted by RoyGBiv View Post
    Oh.. and... I blame Obama for the current state of divide. I'll give blame to Bush 43 for failing to control spending, but Obama was the Great Divider in Chief.
    I keep saying that 8 years of Obama managed to disenfranchise the franchised. The people that they rely on to pay the bills largely had enough and hence, Trump. It's like Atlas is starting to get a twitch. Not quite a shrug, but a twitch.

Quote Originally Posted by BobLoblaw View Post
    Truthfully, my comment was more of the "That 70's Show" Red Foreman tongue lashing variety anyways.
    Is justified ass kicking not PC nowadays ?

Quote Originally Posted by RoyGBiv View Post
    An outsider view....

Teaching your kids how to participate in the political process is a good thing.

I remember when I was a kid, getting dragged into a few things by my parents. Noise abatement (a ridiculous protest against the Concorde landing at JFK), a few environmental issues. I turned out (mostly) ok and able to think for myself.
    I don't want to get sucked too far into one particular example but suffice to say there are a lot of circumstances beyond what I wrote that make the whole thing far more distasteful than what is written above.

I don't date or hang around people with 180 degree values to me. Thankfully a lot of people are middle of the road and/or don't care. Life is a lot less stressful that way.

If you can date someone that's a diehard opposite to you politically you have a shitload of patience for unnecessary bullshit.
    Semper Gumby, Always Flexible

Quote Originally Posted by rob_s View Post
    ...... Social media, as well as general increases in the ability to communicate and interact with one another, made these things worse...
    An excellent post.
    Last edited by MontWyDaho; 08-23-2017 at 12:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tom_Jones View Post
    I realize that I'm being unnecessarily literal and therefore sort of twisting your meaning, but I just want to point out that "the forum" doesn't have a party line beyond "don't be an insufferable douche all the time". Now, our members, well, you're probably right about that.
    Well, except the Conga line starting by the punchbowl!

Name:  conga_line.jpg
Views: 123
Size:  35.5 KB
    Last edited by Zincwarrior; 08-23-2017 at 02:32 PM.

User Tag List