Thread: Magpul MOE SL Grip Install Problem

Magpul MOE SL Grip Install Problem

First, I removed the MOE standard grip that came with the rifle, but the MOE SL grip seems to possibly be out of spec where it is way too tight on the front surface where it fits on the receiver. Who knows, maybe they are supposed to be this way...

The corners of the receiver just digs into the polymer edges of the grip, I don't want to force it and damage the receiver. I just found a review of this grip on Midway where somebody said they had the same problem, had to shave down the inside of the grip and use a rubber mallet to install.

clarification: Is that area bottoming out upon fully installing the grip, or just digging in tightly when initially making contact trying to slide it on?
    --Josh
    “Formerly we suffered from crimes; now we suffer from laws.” - Tacitus.

Quote Originally Posted by LOKNLOD View Post
    clarification: Is that area bottoming out upon fully installing the grip, or just digging in tightly when initially making contact trying to slide it on?
    I cannot even get it to begin seating, it just digs in the moment it attempts to begin.

Quote Originally Posted by White Crane View Post
    I cannot even get it to begin seating, it just digs in the moment it attempts to begin.
    Put a wide flat-bladed screwdriver into the gap and twist to lever it open it up a bit, I bet you can slide it on (firmly) once you get it past that initial lip.
    --Josh

Put a wide flat-bladed screwdriver into the gap and twist to lever it open it up a bit, I bet you can slide it on (firmly) once you get it past that initial lip.
    Yeah, I had thought of something along those lines... I bet that would work. Still can't help but wonder if there is something I am missing here, I have sent the pics over the Magpul just to make sure it's in spec first before I do anything. Any other ideas are welcome until I hear back...

Quote Originally Posted by White Crane View Post
    Yeah, I had thought of something along those lines... I bet that would work. Still can't help but wonder if there is something I am missing here, I have sent the pics over the Magpul just to make sure it's in spec first before I do anything. Any other ideas are welcome until I hear back...
    If it makes you feel better I've had to do it with my last couple grips as well.
    --Josh

If it makes you feel better I've had to do it with my last couple grips as well.
    Yeah, that seems to be the way these things are moving... once it's on you're glad it's so tight.

I installed a lot of pistol grips of various origins back in my fiddle-fuck days. That kind of thing happened more often than not.

Just force it on.

Post a pic of it on the receiver or as far as you can get it on. Grip Polymer < Receiver

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk

User Tag List