Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: G34 Blahs

You would have had an easier time selling it before you took files and sandpaper to it.
    Don’t blame me. I didn’t vote for that dumb bastard.

So you now have a gun that you can shoot well, but it doesn't suit you. I would hold on to it. You won't break even selling it, and having a gun set up so it works for you isn't a bad thing to keep around. If for some reason out of the blue you can no longer trust your other guns, or something else happens you always have it there ready. Even if you don't especially like it.

-Cory

If a gun is still "exciting" to you, it's a sign you haven't trained enough with it yet. Practiced comfort is the antithesis of excitement.
    The Minority Marksman.
    "When you meet a swordsman, draw your sword: Do not recite poetry to one who is not a poet."
    -a Ch'an Buddhist axiom.

Your gun, your money, your decision....but you did ask for our two cents soooo

It's been modified, permanently, and it's a buyer's market out there right now, so you're probably gonna lose on it. And then someday you decide you want another G34 to try out some new Glock accessory or whatever and guess what? You buy that one and work on it to make the Glock knuckle go away. I'm not trying to be a smartass, I've just been down this road with other stuff (not Glocks).

Speaking for myself, every time I decide I'm done with brand G and get rid of the ones I have, 8 months later or so I'm looking at another one and it comes home. I've pretty much decided that from now on once I get one setup the way I like it, it's staying here.

Quote Originally Posted by cor_man257 View Post
    So you now have a gun that you can shoot well, but it doesn't suit you. I would hold on to it. You won't break even selling it, and having a gun set up so it works for you isn't a bad thing to keep around. If for some reason out of the blue you can no longer trust your other guns, or something else happens you always have it there ready. Even if you don't especially like it.

-Cory
    This is a very good point. I have no plans of getting rid of my vetted Glocks, BUT I like other guns quite a bit more, and more importantly I shoot them better. I had transitioned to the 320 and now.... well you know. So I'm back to my G27 for my EDC while I familiarize myself with and vet my USP compact. Point is, the 320 debacle has pissed me off to no extent, but luckily I had other quality guns I could immediately switch to when this crap happened. Glocks are great guns to have at least as backups/spares even if they're not your preference, like in my case.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    These days, a Glock is like a relative.
    You can sell it and buy one a few years down the road that is exactly the same?

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

That was a pretty long post in the op but I personally think the G34 is excellent and am here to defend it but if you just don't like it then you don't like it

If it runs and you have it modified to where you want, hold onto it.

Devil's Advocate, if you don't like it, and you aren't mandated to carry one type/model for work, get whatever you want.

Quote Originally Posted by GardoneVT View Post
    If a gun is still "exciting" to you, it's a sign you haven't trained enough with it yet. Practiced comfort is the antithesis of excitement.
    I respectfully disagree. I still get "excitement" out of shooting my P7M8, my 1911s, and my round guns. I've been shooting them for a LONG time, through a lot of varied training. TI KNOW I can ring the 100 yard gong on demand with my M8 or 1911; the same isn't remotely true of the G19s that I've pumped literally well in excess of 100K rounds through.

To me, the "excitement" comes from shooting a pistol I ENJOY shooting, but don't carry/train with nearly as much for a variety of practical reasons.

To the OP, if the G34 doesn't "do" anything for you, and it's not a companion pistol to a primary carry//work pistol, then why keep it? You will take a bath on the sale, but that happens sometimes. I'm getting ready to trade in my nearly unfired Gen4 G23 at the LGS, and I know I will lose hundreds of dollars on the trade, but, frankly, the space in my safe isn't unlimited.
    Last edited by psalms144.1; 08-21-2017 at 05:20 PM.

"carbine-infested rural (and suburban) areas"
    I've put in a little more dry fire time with it. I figure I'll take it to the range another time or two before making any decisions final. And I should keep a target with three touching to show a potential buyer the sights are on...

One of the guys at the FFL where I do transfers is a Glock evangelist. He might be able to help me find someone who would appreciate what it is.
    -----------------------------------------
    Not another dime.

User Tag List