Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: .22lr practice revolver search for my Father-in-law...

Bought a case of precision delta wadcutter reloads months back when their website was screwed up and only charged me $65/1000 rounds. I think that was supposed to be the price for 250 rounds... but they honored it. I've since shot these in an NY1 3" model 64, a 442, a GP100 match and an old school Colt Trooper. They are nice midrange wadcutter loads and plenty accurate for my purposes.

Quote Originally Posted by jandbj View Post
    Bought a case of precision delta wadcutter reloads months back when their website was screwed up and only charged me $65/1000 rounds. I think that was supposed to be the price for 250 rounds... but they honored it. I've since shot these in an NY1 3" model 64, a 442, a GP100 match and an old school Colt Trooper. They are nice midrange wadcutter loads and plenty accurate for my purposes.
    do you remember what the recoil was like in the 442?
    Rules to live by: 1. Eat meat, 2. Shoot guns, 3. Fire, 4. Gasoline, 5. Make juniors
    TDA: Learn it. Live it. Love it.... Read these: People Management Triggers 1, 2, 3
    If anyone sees a broken image of mine, please PM me.

Quote Originally Posted by hufnagel View Post
    Fairly light. Not rimfire light but really low on the .38 scale in an airweight.

Revolvers Revolvers 1911s Stephanie B's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SeriousStudent View Post
    Thank you very much, I just ordered a case.
    So did I.
    If we have to march off into the next world, let us walk there on the bodies of our enemies.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by hufnagel View Post
    They chronoed ~615fps from my 4" M15. 100fps less than the Federal Gold Medal Wadcutters. So they would be sub 600fps from a 642.
    Adam

Quote Originally Posted by SAWBONES View Post
    Thank you to those who posted about the Precision Delta .38 Special HBWC ammo deal, with the 25% discount and free shipping.
    That's quite a deal for top quality (according to the reviews) factory reloaded .38 Special full wadcutter ammunition.

I just ordered a case.

It's a far better deal than available anywhere else for those of us who want to be able to practice and carry using best-quality full WC ammunition in our J-frame .38 Special pistols, given that HP bullets are demonstrably unlikely to expand from a 1 7/8" barrel.
    To each his own but LSP972 recommended them as practice only rounds. His explanation is that these rounds are manufactured on a press like you would have at home whereas the Big Name WC's were manufactured on huge machines with an abundance of QC built in. Personally I currently carry Federal Match.
    eta Sorry thats Federal Gold Medal not Match.
    Last edited by UNK; 08-25-2017 at 07:47 PM.
    I'll wager you a PF dollar™ 😎
    The lunatics are running the asylum

Has anyone used 38 wad cutters from Black Hills?

I hope I'm the only one this happens to. Somebody stole my ammo in mid-shipment. Not the first time this has happened to me, unfortunately.

I just got this email from UPS: Merchandise is missing. UPS will notify the sender with additional details. / All merchandise missing, empty carton was discarded. UPS will notify the sender with details of the damage.

It was scanned on arrival at the Memphis UPS terminal, but is now missing. So a UPS employee stole it - nice.

I double-checked my order at Precision Delta, and was not offered insurance on their website.

So I guess I'm screwed - sigh.

Quote Originally Posted by SeriousStudent View Post
    I hope I'm the only one this happens to. Somebody stole my ammo in mid-shipment. Not the first time this has happened to me, unfortunately.

I just got this email from UPS: Merchandise is missing. UPS will notify the sender with additional details. / All merchandise missing, empty carton was discarded. UPS will notify the sender with details of the damage.

It was scanned on arrival at the Memphis UPS terminal, but is now missing. So a UPS employee stole it - nice.

I double-checked my order at Precision Delta, and was not offered insurance on their website.

So I guess I'm screwed - sigh.
    I thought UPS has $100 of insurance automatically on every package.

Quote Originally Posted by Bobcat View Post
    I thought UPS has $100 of insurance automatically on every package.
    Then I'm hopefully only screwed out of 80 bucks. I bought a case of ammo.

User Tag List