Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: .22lr practice revolver search for my Father-in-law...

Revolvers Revolvers 1911s Stephanie B's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SeriousStudent View Post
    I hope I'm the only one this happens to. Somebody stole my ammo in mid-shipment. Not the first time this has happened to me, unfortunately.

I just got this email from UPS: Merchandise is missing. UPS will notify the sender with additional details. / All merchandise missing, empty carton was discarded. UPS will notify the sender with details of the damage.

It was scanned on arrival at the Memphis UPS terminal, but is now missing. So a UPS employee stole it - nice.
    You'd think that their hub would have cameras and would notice somebody strolling out with a 30+lb box.

Anyway, mine is supposedly on the truck for delivery. But I may have to step out of the office.
    If we have to march off into the next world, let us walk there on the bodies of our enemies.

I would like to publicly thank the very nice people at Delta Precision. On Friday a heavy box full of wonderful wadcutter goodness showed up here at Rancho Serious.

I was really, really busy this week getting work stuff done before the Labor Day weekend. I never had a chance to call and inquire about our next steps on the missing ammo.

So with absolutely no outside prompting, the very nice people at Delta Precision put another case on the truck for me. A very large tip of the Stetson to them!

I am going to order many cases of ammo from them in the future. They definitely went above and beyond.

Oh, and the ammo shoots great! I spend the day today practicing headshots with J frames from the pocket. Even the youngsters remarked how much fun it was to shoot the revolvers.

Highly recommended.

I think you may have been on the right track with the 617 idea, but Id suggest one of the old school model 17s, or a model 18 (same basic thing but with the tapered 4" Combat Masterpiece barrel). They will weigh noticeably less than the 617 and have a much better trigger action than the small guns. I recall the old factory test standard for the K-22 Masterpiece (later the model 17) was 1 1/2" groups @ 50 yards, or something was assumed to be wrong and it was sent back to see what was the matter.

I dont know what they cost to buy, but 38 short Colt loads are pretty mild 38 loads. 125 gr bullet at 730-ish fps in regular barrels. I load some, but they are available commercially.
    Last edited by Malamute; 09-04-2017 at 08:05 PM.

Revolvers Revolvers 1911s Stephanie B's Avatar
    Oh, and the ammo shoots great! I spend the day today practicing headshots with J frames from the pocket. Even the youngsters remarked how much fun it was to shoot the revolvers.

Highly recommended.
    I'll concur with that. I shot off a box of it over the weekend. It's good stuf.
    If we have to march off into the next world, let us walk there on the bodies of our enemies.

I hope I'm the only one this happens to. Somebody stole my ammo in mid-shipment. Not the first time this has happened to me, unfortunately.

I just got this email from UPS: Merchandise is missing. UPS will notify the sender with additional details. / All merchandise missing, empty carton was discarded. UPS will notify the sender with details of the damage.

It was scanned on arrival at the Memphis UPS terminal, but is now missing. So a UPS employee stole it - nice.

I double-checked my order at Precision Delta, and was not offered insurance on their website.

So I guess I'm screwed - sigh.
    I had this happen to me with a Precision Delta order about a week before this. UPS recorded this as damage, but the Precision Delta people sent me a new case. I'm in Atlanta, so I don't think that my case made it through Memphis.
    Last edited by Scal; 09-06-2017 at 02:37 PM.

User Tag List