Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: first 38+p HST test I have seen

first 38+p HST test I have seen

Clear gel w/o heavy clothing

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YgGjNQ_hhIQ

Seems like Decent expansion and penetration. Unfortunately, in 3 of my guns it’s POI is between 3” to 4.25” to the right at 15 yards.
    The first indication a bad guy should have that I'm dangerous is when his
    disembodied soul is looking down at his own corpse wondering what happened.

Interestingly, the velocities were slower and penetration less out of the 4" than the snub nose. Either way it performed well from both pistols.
    "I need your help. I can't tell you what it is, you can never ask me about it later, and we're gonna hurt some people."

I'd still like to see some data from real 10% gel, including barriers. I think DocGKR said we might see that some time this fall... here's to hoping.

Quote Originally Posted by WDR View Post
    I'd still like to see some data from real 10% gel, including barriers. I think DocGKR said we might see that some time this fall... here's to hoping.
    Yeah, ever since poring over the LuckyGunner Clear Ballistics Gel test results from that huge series they did, I'm pretty much done putting any stock in that stuff. Just seemed too off from what you see from factory and other credible 10% tests results.
    On one hand it was a hell of a commendable project, on the other it seems like a damn shame they put all that effort in when I'm left thinking, "Wait, that doesn't seem right at all."

People seems to agree Shooting the Bull410 did a good job on ammo testing. Here he compares 10%gel and clear ballistics with a few different rounds. Worth a look

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1kjcoFaobeo
    Last edited by xcop; 08-23-2017 at 06:26 AM.

Brassfetcher comparison video

Here's another 10% OG vs 10% CG comparison video from BrassFetcher that shows significantly deeper penetration in cleargel. So fairly significant differences between the results from the two videos.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5pqPBnSYTIc
    "I need your help. I can't tell you what it is, you can never ask me about it later, and we're gonna hurt some people."

brassfetcher

[QUOTE=Doug MacRay;641867]Here's another 10% OG vs 10% CG comparison video from BrassFetcher that shows significantly deeper penetration in cleargel. So fairly significant differences between the results from the two videos.

Brassfetcher makes money doing ballistic gel tests. Doesnt mean he isnt 100% honest but a fact to consider.

I also wonder if differences occur when you reuse the Clear Ballistics. I know as a user it starts a yellow color shift even when reused once.

Anyway for me it is impossible to make let alone refrigerate and transport 10% so BFD if penetration turns out to be too much. I compare 2 rounds in same material on the same day with the same handgun. If it allows too much penetration as some say then it should effect both.
    Just factor in what some say is 20% error in penetration if concerned so 15 inches becomes 12
    I have not tested rifle or shotgun.

Does it take the place of 100% controlled 10% real gel testing NO!
    Last edited by xcop; 08-24-2017 at 02:20 AM.

good video, it actually looks like an inverted wadcutter.

Any update on this load? I’ve picked up a few boxes from Cabelas and it shoots good out of my 442 and doesn’t smack the palm as bad as the NYPD load.

User Tag List