Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: Smith 43C and 351C

Quote Originally Posted by Wheeler View Post
    I wasn't trying to probe you wrong or change your mind, merely offering another point of view based on several years of competing with revolvers, including rimfires. I am glad to see another student of the vertical reload.

Cheers and have a happy New Year.
    Copy, no issues on my end. I realize my reply looks a little cross now that I read it again. I should not post when I'm in a hurry.

I think it's an individual revolver's clearance more than the cartridge. We have a Model 17, 18, and 351C around here. The 18 and 17 date way back to the 60's and 70's. The 17 will crud up and bind faster than either the .22 LR 18 or the .22 mag 351C. Rimfire wheelies just vary like that.
    “Remember, being healthy is basically just dying as slowly as possible,” Ricky Gervais

Site Supporter
    So what do we think of this?

https://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/...ng-volleyfire/

Might be a blast to fire 2 22 Mags at once.

Try it and let me know.

"carbine-infested rural (and suburban) areas"
    TLDR on the article, but I'm going with double derp. Change my mind.
    -----------------------------------------
    Not another dime.

Quote Originally Posted by OlongJohnson View Post
    TLDR on the article, but I'm going with double derp. Change my mind.
    Total wyatt derp. Looks like something only a Clingon would carry, and yes, I spelled that correctly...
    ”But in the end all of these ideas just manufacture new criminals when the problem isn't a lack of criminals.” -JRB

Site Supporter
    Is there a reason the makers of high quality single action clones go crazy and start making zip guns? Does Colt have a black ops team that sneaks into their competitors break room and lace the coffee with acid? Inquiring minds want to know.

I've said before that my wife loves her 351c so much that even if I didn't like it, which I do, I'd still love it. A very close friend pocket carries his 43c daily and it, too, is a fine little revolver, or at least, his sample is. It has come as great shock to me to learn that my answer to which S&W .22 j-frame is most emphatically, Ruger LCR.

Name:  22 x 22.jpg
Views: 829
Size:  41.3 KB

Quote Originally Posted by Gun Mutt View Post
    I've said before that my wife loves her 351c so much that even if I didn't like it, which I do, I'd still love it. A very close friend pocket carries his 43c daily and it, too, is a fine little revolver, or at least, his sample is. It has come as great shock to me to learn that my answer to which S&W .22 j-frame is most emphatically, Ruger LCR.

Name:  22 x 22.jpg
Views: 829
Size:  41.3 KB
    Ohhh, who makes those Ruger stocks?
    I am the owner of Agile/Training and Consulting
    www.agiletactical.com

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck Haggard View Post
    Ohhh, who makes those Ruger stocks?
    Hogue G10's. I've some fairly serious dremel plans for them, fwiw, maybe VZ will take note and build the perfect set. I'll post further in an LCR thread later.

Lucky Gunner tests.

175 fps advantage in 9mm +P vs standard would not be nothing eh?

Penetration advantage of those 175 fps was rather substantial

https://www.luckygunner.com/lounge/2...PVMY-LSIwwOA4o
    “Remember, being healthy is basically just dying as slowly as possible,” Ricky Gervais

User Tag List