Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011

Thread: Smith 43C and 351C

Site Supporter
    In case anyone is looking for a 351c, the shop where I bought my 43c has one.
    --Jason--

This thread seems as good a place as any for this question.

How ruined is a 317 airlite with the anodizing polished off of the cylinder face?

Is it fixable?

My lgs has one in the case for $800, which is super clean except for the above damage.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by JWH View Post
    This thread seems as good a place as any for this question.

How ruined is a 317 airlite with the anodizing polished off of the cylinder face?

Is it fixable?

My lgs has one in the case for $800, which is super clean except for the above damage.
    S&W will re-anodize it for a fee - when I asked about re-anodizing the frame of my 642, they quoted me a bit over $200, IIRC. That seemed excessive for the frame of a daily carried pocket gun, so the finish is still ugly. On the cylinder, I would have it refinished so the firing of the gun doesn’t erode the aluminum. And I certainly wouldn’t pay $800 for such a project gun.

Quote Originally Posted by Blades View Post
    In case anyone is looking for a 351c, the shop where I bought my 43c has one.
    But not Ed's in Pinehurst right?
    “Remember, being healthy is basically just dying as slowly as possible,” Ricky Gervais

Quote Originally Posted by JWH View Post
    Gunbroker has several 317s NIB for under 800 bones. FWIW.

Site Supporter
    I'm trying pocket carry with my 43C since once in a while we have some cold weather in Fayetteville. I don't have a thyroid anymore(#fuckcancer) so I'm usually cold and when it gets below 60 degrees I'm really cold.

The Airlite is light, but still heavy. I tried it by itself but it was too much. I tried it with an extra 15 round magazine for my Glock but it's not enough weight. I borrowed my wife's food scale to see what my 43C weighed:

15.3 ounces (the G10 grips add a lot of weight, but I like the white grip and black revolver).

The perfect counterweight would be another Airlite, but they ain't cheap. A nice sap or blackjack would be perfect but still more than I want to pay at this time(saving up for a P365 because I bought a Boresite Solutions Razorback module and I think it solved the issue I had with the P365). I have a little pouch from County Comm full of quarters and a few dimes, and guess what? It weighs 15.4 ounces.

Now I'm thinking if I attach a lanyard I'll have an okay coin sap. I'm guessing it would only survive one hit, but that hit would be an explosion of $14.00's in quarters and almost $2.00 in dimes. It jingles more than I like so I may add a handkerchief in it to keep the jingle down. I don't plan to pocket carry very often but having usable counterweight makes it easier.
    --Jason--

User Tag List