Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Gen3 Glocks

Gen3 Glocks

I've got a gen3 19. I really like the gun however the finger grooves don't fit quite right. My fingers tend to fall on the grooves instead of in them. I'm looking to pick up a 17 but I'm not sure if the grooves are spaced the same or if they're spaced a little further apart since it's a full size frame. The local shop didn't have a gen 3 to hold so that's why I'm asking here. They had a gen4 which fit my hand pretty well. So that is an option. Thanks for any guidance.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If u can wait a bit the Gen 5 will be available. It has NO finger grooves and ambi slide release as well as possible smoother recoil (longer recoil spring assembly).

17 grooves fit, 19 grooves are squished and do not. Not without Glock knuckle anyways. You can undercut the trigger guard to help.

Quote Originally Posted by zart312 View Post
    I've got a gen3 19. I really like the gun however the finger grooves don't fit quite right. My fingers tend to fall on the grooves instead of in them. I'm looking to pick up a 17 but I'm not sure if the grooves are spaced the same or if they're spaced a little further apart since it's a full size frame. The local shop didn't have a gen 3 to hold so that's why I'm asking here. They had a gen4 which fit my hand pretty well. So that is an option. Thanks for any guidance.

The finger groove spacing is the same. Have your LGS throw the medium backstrap on that Gen4 and it'll give you a essentially the same grip feeling as what the Gen3 will.

Sent from mah smertfone using tapathingy

The top groove spacing on the G19 is different than on the G17 and G26. The 4th G19s feel a bit better in my XL hand but are still not usable for any length of time without Dremel work, both undercutting the trigger guard and finger groove removal. The G17/34/26 3rd and 4th gen groves fit me fine.

Quote Originally Posted by Mjolnir View Post
    If u can wait a bit the Gen 5 will be available. It has NO finger grooves and ambi slide release as well as possible smoother recoil (longer recoil spring assembly).

I think I'm going to wait awhile and make sure all the kinks are worked out of the gen 5's. However I'm really interested in these!

Like others, the 17 finger grooves fit me, the 19s do not.

I wrap some 150 grit sandpaper around a wooden dowel and knock down the points of contact where my middle finger is in contact. This greatly helps eliminate "Glock Knuckle" for me.

All polymer guns are ugly anyway so don't worry about how it looks (cause they look like shit).
    Don’t blame me. I didn’t vote for that dumb bastard.

Quote Originally Posted by LSP552 View Post
    The top groove spacing on the G19 is different than on the G17 and G26. The 4th G19s feel a bit better in my XL hand but are still not usable for any length of time without Dremel work, both undercutting the trigger guard and finger groove removal. The G17/34/26 3rd and 4th gen groves fit me fine.
    That's what I need to know is if the spacing is different. I've got large hands so the gen3 19 is just a bit off. I've been meaning to undercut the trigger guard but just haven't gotten to it. If the gen3 17 would need the undercut I would rather get the gen4 then so I don't have to mess with it.

Quote Originally Posted by zart312 View Post
    That's what I need to know is if the spacing is different. I've got large hands so the gen3 19 is just a bit off. I've been meaning to undercut the trigger guard but just haven't gotten to it. If the gen3 17 would need the undercut I would rather get the gen4 then so I don't have to mess with it.

I'm fine with the top groove spacing on any gen 17/34/26. Given a choice, I'd pick 4th gen over 3rd every time. With a medium blackstrap, it would feel the same as a 3rd gen 17. However, I shoot better with no backstrap (smaller) on the 4th gen. I just have better control, consistency and fewer shots tending left. Feels like I don't have to work as hard at grip.

Really appreciate the responses. Thanks.

User Tag List