Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Gen 4 vs Gen 5 Beta tester

Gen 4 vs Gen 5 Beta tester

Just to clarify @Tom_Jones, the SCD currently for sale is not verified to work with a Gen 5 Glock?

ETA: A Glock 19 w SCD is on my short list of future options.
    Last edited by RJ; 08-19-2017 at 01:43 PM.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by voodoo_man View Post
    A gadget? For a new gun? Hahahahhaha
    Soon :-)

Quote Originally Posted by Rich_Jenkins View Post
    Just to clarify @Tom_Jones, the SCD currently for sale is not verified to work with a Gen 5 Glock?
    Post 25 this thread https://pistol-forum.com/showthread....l=1#post635868
    Last edited by Tom_Jones; 08-19-2017 at 01:56 PM. Reason: changed URL to link directly to post 25

Quote Originally Posted by Willard View Post
    Great, thanks. Sorry I missed that one.

Quote Originally Posted by Tom_Jones View Post
    What he said.

But to be completely clear, and save people a click, the current SCD is not compatible with the Gen5 or M model guns.

post 25 from linked thread:
    So the gadget mastermind will need to buy the new Gen 5, then develop a prototype, then test it, then produce it- which of course means it will be ready soon Just thinking for a friend- if the SCD is essential for someone on the fence between a Gen 4 today or a Gen 5 there would be a definite wait. Tom's answer could get me off the couch this weekend- then again the family is out of town so maybe not!
    This country needs an enema- Blues approved sig line

Vending Machine Operator
    I bought a mound of Gen4 guns and personally they work very, very well for me. The 19G4 in particular is probably my perfect gun. I am not going to switch, and I think recent gun history shows us that it's better to let things be on the market for a few years before jumping in.

I'm kinda hoping Gen5s end up reducing Gen3 and Gen4 prices so I can snag a few more cheap Glocks for when I feel like playing with other calibers.

I really need to grab gadgets for my 19 and 26. Keep forgetting on payday.
    Last edited by LockedBreech; 08-19-2017 at 02:38 PM.
    State Government Attorney | Beretta, Glock, CZ & S&W Fan

I just really got into Glocks seriously and I went Gen3 long slides and G43s.

I'm definitely intrigued with the Gen 5 and would likely not have the willpower to leave one at the gunshop if they happened to have a 17.5 when I was there...

Some years ago, I picked up a Gen4 G17 really cheap in a trade. Unlike most Gen4's in my experience, it suffered from mediocre accuracy. It also had the dreaded variable ejection pattern with intermittent BTF, and had a lousy trigger. Not as good a deal as I thought! Over time, I kept messing with it, and, since I have tons of Glock parts, it became sort of a shop mule. Ultimately, I got the right mix of extractor parts in it to fix the ejection problem, put in an Apex Gen3 trigger, Vogel Dynamics sights and a Wilson barrel. The gun ended up shooting so well that I decided to bag the finger grooves and now I'm happy with it. I'm keeping an open mind regarding the Gen5, but it will have to be really great to replace this one.

Name:  17 - 1.jpg
Views: 3984
Size:  96.3 KB

Name:  17 - 1 (1).jpg
Views: 1162
Size:  90.5 KB

Quote Originally Posted by SteveB View Post
    Some years ago, I picked up a Gen4 G17 really cheap in a trade. Unlike most Gen4's in my experience, it suffered from mediocre accuracy. It also had the dreaded variable ejection pattern with intermittent BTF, and had a lousy trigger. Not as good a deal as I thought! Over time, I kept messing with it, and, since I have tons of Glock parts, it became sort of a shop mule. Ultimately, I got the right mix of extractor parts in it to fix the ejection problem, put in an Apex Gen3 trigger, Vogel Dynamics sights and a Wilson barrel. The gun ended up shooting so well that I decided to bag the finger grooves and now I'm happy with it. I'm keeping an open mind regarding the Gen5, but it will have to be really great to replace this one.

Name:  17 - 1.jpg
Views: 3984
Size:  96.3 KB

Name:  17 - 1 (1).jpg
Views: 1162
Size:  90.5 KB
    Wow, I really like the looks of that grip texture.

Quote Originally Posted by SteveB View Post
    SteveB, what are your thoughts on the Wilson barrel? Is it finicky with certain ammo, any feeding problems, just your general thought on the barrel if you wouldn't mind. I've heard the only barrel worth sticking in a Glock is a Barsto barrel but they're freaking expensive!

User Tag List