Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Gen 4 vs Gen 5 Beta tester

Quote Originally Posted by LOKNLOD View Post
    I think we could say the same about handguns in general. It's fun and/or interesting to try new ones but nothing coming out is revolutionary.

Quote Originally Posted by SteveB View Post
    It is; when I looked at his website, I couldn't believe how expensive he's gotten! Market forces at work, I guess...
    Larry Vickers was a big boost for him... Met him a few times and been in his basement checking out the magic before he was a big thing.

If anyone wants the first G17 he ever grip chopped... let me know.... I'll sell it to you for an astronomical price. It's sitting in my nightstand right now.
    Last edited by warpedcamshaft; 08-21-2017 at 10:11 PM.

Having shot the M's in 17 & 19, for myself, they offer no real advantages from this right handed shooter's standpoint, unless you're woefully underwhelmed by the Gen 3 & 4 finger grooves. Trigger action is slightly different but I didn't find it particularly better or worse than the present 3/4 models.

Quote Originally Posted by LOKNLOD View Post
    I think we could say the same about handguns in general. It's fun and/or interesting to try new ones but nothing coming out is revolutionary.
    I agree. Once I changed my mind as to why I am interested in firearms, my opinion on these kinds of issues changed.

That said, I don't see how any professional user/department could sign up to beta test any new firearm, especially in light of the Sig debacle.

Site Supporter
    Got an invite from the local fancy range to see them open the Pandora's Glowing Glock Box and shoot the new guy for $10 (with 15 rounds). I'll pass. I would for free. Anyway, I love my Glock 17 G4 and it will probably last me till the end.

Quote Originally Posted by Glenn E. Meyer View Post
    Got an invite from the local fancy range to see them open the Pandora's Glowing Glock Box and shoot the new guy for $10 (with 15 rounds). I'll pass. I would for free. Anyway, I love my Glock 17 G4 and it will probably last me till the end.
    Me too, but it was 20rds for $10. First 50 shooters get free "throwaway" hat. If they did it by invite only on Sunday morning, I might have gone. But, this is a public thing on Saturday AM in an already overcrowded store...no thanks

Now, if it was the MHS gun in 9mm and I could buy it on the spot for $500ish. Yep, I'd be there with cash in hand. The Gen5 gun...Meh!

Modding this sack of shit BehindBlueI's's Avatar
    Being the trained observer that I am, I just now noticed my 17M barrel says "9x19 5M" on it. I'm not sure what that indicates, but figured I'd throw it out there.

Went to the range last night and the staff still hasn't seen the new Glock. I was planning to go to the midnight launch but was told there will be plenty to rent when I go at my normal time on Saturday morning.
    This country needs an enema- Blues approved sig line

Site Supporter
    I heard some things about the Gen 5 and saw a leaked ad. I am not impressed by what I hear so far, maybe I will be when I can hold and shoot one.

On a separate note my 2014 vintage gen 4 G19 that has run excellent except a few ammo related issues smoked me dead center of my forehead with 2 cases out of 100 tonight which is a completely new thing...

Quote Originally Posted by wmu12071 View Post
    On a separate note my 2014 vintage gen 4 G19 that has run excellent except a few ammo related issues smoked me dead center of my forehead with 2 cases out of 100 tonight which is a completely new thing...
    Unfortunately, that's not unheard of with G19s. It might go away with some replacement parts - I'd start with a new RSA and fresh magazines and see if that helps. If not, the HRED would be my next investment, then the APEX FRE.

User Tag List