Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910

Thread: Gen 4 vs Gen 5 Beta tester

Quote Originally Posted by Trajan View Post
    So what does this do differently from the gen 4?

Also: just like what happened when the gen 4 came out: Just because it's a new version doesn't mean you have to buy it, or make up excuses to not buy it.

It's the same thing but a little different.
    The lack of finger grooves is enough for some people to buy it. I expect it will sell like hot cakes given the supposed improvements in the striker, extractor (some of us still get occasional BTF), barrel, etc. Whether these benefits are worth the $600 probably depends on how one views $600 - some people can drop that without blinking an eye.
    I like my rifles like my women - short, light, fast, brown, and suppressed.

Modding this sack of shit BehindBlueI's's Avatar
    So what does this do differently from the gen 4?

Also: just like what happened when the gen 4 came out: Just because it's a new version doesn't mean you have to buy it, or make up excuses to not buy it.

It's the same thing but a little different.
    So far for me, not give me blisters and allows me to shoot more accurately than I could with a Gen 4.

Quote Originally Posted by Tom_Jones View Post
    Yes, it's ~28% thicker -- ~0.18" vs. ~0.14".
    Thanks Tom! That's the one thing I wasn't finding anywhere else.

Quote Originally Posted by BehindBlueI's View Post
    So far for me, not give me blisters and allows me to shoot more accurately than I could with a Gen 4.
    Have you done a side by side? I'd be interested to see your results.

Modding this sack of shit BehindBlueI's's Avatar
    Have you done a side by side? I'd be interested to see your results.
    Not exactly. I have in-service 3 times a year and a bit over a decade of Gen 3 and Gen 4 performance to compare to, though. The most recent was exactly one month prior to being issued the "M", when I went for patrol rifle in-service, which does include a pistol portion.

Since I have zero personally owned Glocks and zero interest in finger-grooved Glocks, I do not intend to do a true side-by-side.

I *do* intend to do a P226 vs 17M comparison, though, and then see if I'll be permanently switching to Glock for EDC or staying with the P2XX guns.

User Tag List