Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast

Thread: Gen 4 vs Gen 5 Beta tester

Quote Originally Posted by mrozowjj View Post
    When they get a Gen 5 19 MOS model available for the blue label I'm going to use my GSSF coupon to get one. Not exactly a high volume shooter but all of the changes they made on the Gen 5 interest me.

I'm also heading to an event at a local range tomorrow to test fire one so if anyone has any specific questions let me know and I'll see what I can find out.
    See if you or anyone gets BTF...that's my biggest concern with the new guns.
    Shoot more, post less...

THE THIRST MUTILATOR Nephrology's Avatar
    If they survive 6 months of consumer testing and are generally well received I might trade in my Gen 4s G19s for them.

Quote Originally Posted by Nephrology View Post
    If they survive 6 months of @GJM testing and are generally well received I might trade in my Gen 4s G19s for them.
    FIFY

Quote Originally Posted by mrozowjj View Post

I'm also heading to an event at a local range tomorrow to test fire one so if anyone has any specific questions let me know and I'll see what I can find out.
    Thanks. Did they beef up the front of the slide where the recoil spring guide rod engages? Was supposed to be on the M models, but haven't seen it mentioned on the Gen 5.

I've got my spot at the Glock party reserved- basically $10 to shoot them tonight with an opportunity to buy.
    I've got the cash as a birthday present and a 15% discount with my membership. It could literally just come down to a coin flip tonight on just plunging in. I like the fact that outside of what was mentioned above it's the same as the M which means it's pretty much been tested already. I've got G-17s and a 43 at the house. Plus some HK's and a Shield. My assumption would be that if there were problems Glock would do a recall and fix them. This would eventually turn into a backup pistol in a year. Still seems like a roll of the dice.

Edit- that all depends on my staying up past midnight
    Last edited by holmes168; 08-25-2017 at 03:03 PM.
    This country needs an enema- Blues approved sig line

Quote Originally Posted by MSparks909 View Post
    See if you or anyone gets BTF...that's my biggest concern with the new guns.
    I don't know what BTF is... for context it's a public event not a media event so I don't know how long I'll be there or what amount of interaction I'll get.

Quote Originally Posted by Willard View Post
    Thanks. Did they beef up the front of the slide where the recoil spring guide rod engages? Was supposed to be on the M models, but haven't seen it mentioned on the Gen 5.
    I'll see if I can get a picture. I don't have a Gen 4 to compare it to though.

My guess Brass to Face

Quote Originally Posted by Pit View Post
    My guess Brass to Face
    Correct.
    " La rose est sans pourquoi, elle fleurit parce qu’elle fleurit ; Elle n’a souci d’elle-même, ne demande pas si on la voit. » Angelus Silesius
    "There are problems in this universe for which there are no answers." Paul Muad'dib

So what does this do differently from the gen 4?

Also: just like what happened when the gen 4 came out: Just because it's a new version doesn't mean you have to buy it, or make up excuses to not buy it.

It's the same thing but a little different.

Once they get the beta testing done I'll probably get a G5 19. Hate finger grooves. May finally replace my G2 19.
    Formerly known as xpd54.
    The opinions expressed in this post are my own and do not reflect the opinions or policies of my employer.
    www.gunsnobbery.wordpress.com

User Tag List