Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: RFI: CCW Shirts

I’m a fan of UNTUCKIT. I’ve got two and their relaxed fit series are great for CCW without looking like a tent.

civiliandefender.com

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Cypher View Post
    Slightly off topic but when did Hawaiian shirts become a tell?
    It's a great tell especially with cargo pants and trail runner shoes. In Vegas, Guayabera shirts in the summer were the tell. Either a Metro detective or D.A. Investigator or a Cuban restaurant owner. In the "winter," everyone tried to out-Stasi everyone else.
    -All views expressed are those of the author and do not reflect those of the author's employer-

What works best for me are the golf athletic shirts. The UA one are nice. A little pricey at around 60-70 bucks but the material is nice and I have noticed if the shirt gets snagged on my clinch pick or spare mag it has plenty of elasticity to still allow a unimpeded draw. This is a big plus for me as well as I blend in to the masses.

Forgot to add that plan ol T-shirts work for me as well. I prefer some with a poly blend to allow the eleastixity as mentioned earlier.
    Last edited by EVP; 05-31-2018 at 09:05 PM.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by FNFAN View Post
    It's a great tell especially with cargo pants and trail runner shoes. In Vegas, Guayabera shirts in the summer were the tell. Either a Metro detective or D.A. Investigator or a Cuban restaurant owner. In the "winter," everyone tried to out-Stasi everyone else.
    That's weird in Colorado Springs almost nobody that I know that carries a gun wears a Hawaiian (except me).

How does one "Out Stasi" someone?

That's weird in Colorado Springs almost nobody that I know that carries a gun wears a Hawaiian (except me).

How does one "Out Stasi" someone?
    It was all about the black leather car coats. Bonus if it had leather epaulets, buttons instead of a zipper and chest pockets. Wasn't my thing. More of a Harris Tweed/ Brooks Brothers guy.
    -All views expressed are those of the author and do not reflect those of the author's employer-

Banned
    It was all about the black leather car coats. Bonus if it had leather epaulets, buttons instead of a zipper and chest pockets. Wasn't my thing. More of a Harris Tweed/ Brooks Brothers guy.
    I've done some reading on Stasi and everything I've read says they turned the DDR into an informer state. It caused some problems once Germany reunified. So when you said "Out Stasi" I thought everyone in Vegas was ratting each other out.

Side note. The last time I was in Vegas I was on duty and in uniform (Army) and I couldn't give my money away. I couldn't so much as use a pay toilet without some local picking up the tab. I've always liked Las Vegas because of that

Callaway Golf shirts are just about perfect for IWB in my experience. I carry AIWB most always and these shirts are comfortable, drape well are weighty enough to conceal well yet light enough for summer wear in Georgia. They are a poly material and do not retain moisture and have proven to wash and wear well for me. They blend perfectly into the populace when untucked without suggesting gun to anyone. https://www.amazon.com/Callaway-Shor...70_&dpSrc=srch
    Instagram @JuryTrialJedi

Site Supporter
    Columbia and Nike made a run of short sleeve, button front, vented, patterned shirts that were intended to wear untucked - these serve me very well in Georgia.

Banned
    Interestingly enough I had a specific guy in mind who always wears Hawaiian shirts and as far as I knew didn't carry. Well, he had a wardrobe malfunction in church today and walked in with his Hawaiian shirt tucked in behind the gun that I had never thought was there.

Interestingly enough I had a specific guy in mind who always wears Hawaiian shirts and as far as I knew didn't carry. Well, he had a wardrobe malfunction in church today and walked in with his Hawaiian shirt tucked in behind the gun that I had never thought was there.
    Just goes to show you never can tell!

If you want some fine Hawaiian shirts, try this:

http://www.alohaland.com
    Last edited by FNFAN; 06-04-2018 at 12:25 AM.

User Tag List