Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: RFI: CCW Shirts

Quote Originally Posted by Duces Tecum View Post
    I don't think I've ever seen a welder's shirt. Jackets, yes, but not shirt. Is there a link you could share?
    These are the ones I wear. They're not as thick as a true welding shirt like Lapco or Martin Bros makes, but still thick enough for me. These are pretty cheap, but hold up as well as anything. I fly an airplane with no doors about 600 hrs a year and that's hell on a shirt.

I noted earlier in this thread The Wilderness Tactical had ceased production of their Sonoran shirts. Well, they're back.

http://www.thewilderness.com/sonoran...eid=46e1b47366

Damn $100 for a shirt...
    Just a dog chauffeur that used to hold the dumb end of the leash.

Quote Originally Posted by Rich_Jenkins View Post
    Was hoping to get some suggestions from y'all.

I'm migrating towards trying to carry a larger, duty sized pistol for CCW.

As such, my wardrobe needs a little adjusting. I have a few XL T Shorts and polos, but not too much in the way of regular button front shirts. In dry practice, I'm finding where I place the gun just aft of my hip, my shirts are binding up a bit on the draw.

I was thinking of opting into a lighter weight fabric, square tail, untucked shirt would be worth considering.

Do any of you have any decent go-to shirt sources for CCW that work well and don't break the bank?

Thanks in advance...
    Goodwill and Savers. It takes some patience and browsing but when shirts are ~$8 apiece, you can amass a pretty good collection of cover shirts pretty cheaply.
    I'm a lawyer, but I'm not your lawyer. If you need some honest-to-goodness legal advice, go buy some.

Quote Originally Posted by JTQ View Post
    I noted earlier in this thread The Wilderness Tactical had ceased production of their Sonoran shirts. Well, they're back.

Well, that just cost me money.
    The first indication a bad guy should have that I'm dangerous is when his
    disembodied soul is looking down at his own corpse wondering what happened.

Banned
    I've found that the lighter weight shirts tend to print. I generally go with Red Head or Cabella's

Quote Originally Posted by Cypher View Post
    I've found that the lighter weight shirts tend to print. I generally go with Red Head or Cabella's
    You give me something to be thankful for. I'm walking around Manhattan right now with just a t-shirt covering my P229+WML and feel entirely confident. Too many plaid t-shirts in the area this week, so I figured looking like scumbag Steve was a better concealment method. To be fair, this city is just not just full of mutants, but mutants who are disproportionately oblivious to what is going on around them....so maybe my standard isn't that high.
    "Are you ready? Okay. Let's roll."- Last words of Todd Beamer

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by flyrodr View Post
    After you reach retirement age, you can get away with pretty much any "style" of clothing.

People just write it off as you being eccentric . . . or maybe senile.
    The above is true. I look like a sweet old grandpa. Where I live in south Louisiana, square-bottom shirts, worn unbuttoned, are common, especially among my fellow geezers.

Another source for these shirts is outlet stores. The local Vanity Fair outlet carries Wrangler and Lee stuff, which tends to be better quality than Wal-Mart.

Just bought two more S/S plaid shirts here in Sioux Falls SD at the Costco.

$8 a piece, 53/47 Cotton Poly "Sportsman" brand by GH Bass.

The size L fit is just slightly snugger than my size L Shopco North Crest brand. Mrs. comment was "don't gain any weight."

Quote Originally Posted by JTQ View Post

$100 for 100% cotton? No thanks.

User Tag List